$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Just been trying to see if there was anything else relevant to Al-Baltan and found this:

Al Shabab boss Khalid Al Baltan has dismissed reports claiming that he intentionally postponed coach Michel Preudhomme's release lest of the penalty clause.

Al Baltan said that he will not sign with any coach for more than two years.

He also said that they did not receive any offers regarding Nasser Al Shamrani except from Al Hilal, adding that it was the player's choice to leave.

He concluded by saying that he gave his best to the club hoping this season would be his last as a president.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:K9UtztkUlowJ:en.stc-mall.com/sports/football/league%3Dsaudiarabia-proleague/news/news%3Dshabab-boss-hopes-this-season-will-his-last.html+&cd=21&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=sa

This was in September last year, so he already knew he'd be leaving Al Shabab way before Villa was apparently put up for sale (meaning it is unlikely he has specifically stepped down to buy us).

Of course, maybe his plan was to step down and find a club to buy, but his decision to leave Al Shabab was definitely a decision he made a while back.

Just been trying to see if there was anything else relevant to Al-Baltan and found this:

The information ive got says that he has being negotiating for couple of months. I think Lerner was putting it unofficialy for sale as Mantis said.

Edited by limpid
fixed quote
  • Like 2

Out of interest does anybody know of other Saudi owners of football clubs. Is it only Shefield United?

He is a prince who have some experience with clubs here in Saudi. He is business man but I dont think he is Super rich. He bought 51% from the club.

I remember one with Portsmoth but not sure about him. I dont think there are more though.

Out of interest does anybody know of other Saudi owners of football clubs. Is it only Shefield United?

He is a prince who have some experience with clubs here in Saudi. He is business man but I dont think he is Super rich. He bought 51% from the club.

I remember one with Portsmoth but not sure about him. I dont think there are more though.

• Like 1

The guy who was at Portmouth  (Sulaiman Al Farim) was just a front man who didn't have that much net worth when, he brought Portsmouth.

But Sheikh Mansour at Man City got fed up with him when he fronted his successful bid of Man City as everyone was thinking it was Sulaiman Al Farim that owned the club to start with when it was Mansour. 

Gotta be honest, I would really not like to be taken over by a Far East investor and/or Indian/Pakistani.

I wouldn't profess to knowing anything about business really but those regions just strike me as having little to no true regulation and that frightens me.

I'm not saying there aren't plenty of corrupt British and American businessmen out there but I just get the feeling that they have to operate at least slightly more legally

Gotta be honest, I would really not like to be taken over by a Far East investor and/or Indian/Pakistani.

I wouldn't profess to knowing anything about business really but those regions just strike me as having little to no true regulation and that frightens me.

I'm not saying there aren't plenty of corrupt British and American businessmen out there but I just get the feeling that they have to operate at least slightly more legally

If you read up on this guys background you will probably feel safer. SELF MADE it seems! Humble, ambitious etc.