$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Obviously I'm biased, but we are the biggest club in the second biggest city in the UK . With an excellent stadium and proud history. I just think there's huge potential for us and therefore we would be a good investment for someone wanting to build a successful premiership team.

I agree. A very good stadium, top training facilities, a big (and largely loyal) fan base a decent youth academy set up and one of the best playing facilities in the country.

All that's missing is the first team playing squad imo.

Totally agree but there is a lot of investment required in the management and playing squad before we can realise our potential.

£200m - maybe. But then again maybe not.

If a new owner sold every player this summer, he could expect £40-50m for them. Then he could get a squad of cheap players playing for £1k per week, who would no doubt be relegated. But he would still collect £70m from TV. And on top of that receive parachute payments from Premier League over the next years of £60m. Then he could sell Bodymoor Heath, Villa Park and whatever else the club owns.

So for an asset stripper the club would be worth around £200m.

I'm not saying we will be sold for £200m, but my guess is that it will be in that region. 

I think the parachute payment is £60m spread over 3 years i.e. £20m a year.

Plus we have been losing money for years because even though TV has been always increasing so have things like players wages etc. so owning a Prem club is not really the best way to make money and is a very easy way to piss money up the wall.

Owning a Prem club is a status thing really?

I think £200m is there or thereabouts in terms of our valuation, the difficult part is finding someone who wants to spend that and invest beyond it. As I've said from the start on this being for sale isn't the same as being sold, too many people have assumed a sale would be quick or that people were lining up to buy us.

In regards the parachute payments, its over 4 years. Its £16m for each of the first 2 years then £8m a season for the next 2.

As for owning a PL club for some its status, others a toy, some approach it looking to make money a few even manage it then others like those who own Man City use it as a loss leader to promote something else.

• Like 1

I hope I'm wrong on this one, but this is my theory anyway:

I suspect that Randy has got sick of all the pelters he's been getting about being an awful owner. Lots of fans saying that he should bugger off and sell us to a billionaire.

He knew it would be inevitable that many would be calling for Paul Lamberts head after such a dissapointing season. He would be put under pressure to get rid of the manager when the he had done nothing wrong in his eyes. Remember the restrictions the manager has been working within regards players salaries etc. It's no wonder many of the players are struggling. Quality players play consistently well, that is the big difference with many of our players. They have their good games but more bad than good.

This I believe is Randy Lerner saying " OK, lets see who will come in and is prepared to pay £200 million for the club and then invest millions with no realsitic chance of getting that money back".

It's time to wake up and smell the coffee, this is the real world and the Oligaths and Shelks are few and far between. We could be lucky, but as sad as it sounds this is a wake up call to where we are. A club that is operating on a budget and any progress will be slow.

A lot people seized on the fact that his statement had an element of 'goodbye' in it - with a sale starting to look some way off - I'm just wondering has he washed his hands of us ? - Like the Randy Lerner years were 2006-2014 - Whatever happens now isn't on his watch. Also looking at the prices that championship clubs go for, why would pay £200m for Aston Villa. 

I know Reading have debts which need to be paid - but the bidding price is £1 !!!!1 - buy that ...£30m on players  - would give you a decent crack at promotion - perhaps another £40 to keep them in the prem. Where as Aston Villa is £200m  - £30m to stay in the prem - perhaps £70-80m to make us competitive.

It would seem to me the value for money thing to do is to buy an ailing championship club.. 

That's why £200m is far too much for us as we stand at the moment. 4 years ago maybe £200m was possible but not now.

Where is everyone getting this 200mil price tag from? Far as i'm aware it was only reported in the papers and lets face it, what have they got right lately? They prob know just as much as us.

200mil price tag is pure speculation.

Confrimed by the finance chap, anyone know his name? forgotten.

David Bick - was a consultant to Lerner when he bought Villa

£200m - maybe. But then again maybe not.

If a new owner sold every player this summer, he could expect £40-50m for them. Then he could get a squad of cheap players playing for £1k per week, who would no doubt be relegated. But he would still collect £70m from TV. And on top of that receive parachute payments from Premier League over the next years of £60m. Then he could sell Bodymoor Heath, Villa Park and whatever else the club owns.

So for an asset stripper the club would be worth around £200m.

I'm not saying we will be sold for £200m, but my guess is that it will be in that region. 

I think the parachute payment is £60m spread over 3 years i.e. £20m a year.

Plus we have been losing money for years because even though TV has been always increasing so have things like players wages etc. so owning a Prem club is not really the best way to make money and is a very easy way to piss money up the wall.

Owning a Prem club is a status thing really?

I think £200m is there or thereabouts in terms of our valuation, the difficult part is finding someone who wants to spend that and invest beyond it. As I've said from the start on this being for sale isn't the same as being sold, too many people have assumed a sale would be quick or that people were lining up to buy us.

In regards the parachute payments, its over 4 years. Its £16m for each of the first 2 years then £8m a season for the next 2.

As for owning a PL club for some its status, others a toy, some approach it looking to make money a few even manage it then others like those who own Man City use it as a loss leader to promote something else.

People are reading Lerner's statement and coming up with all kinds of wild theories. All he said was we are up for sale and BOAML are handling it. If he had a buyer lined up why say this?

I really hope there is a buyer lined up but I don't think there is unfortunately. We are in for a long frustrating summer IMO.

I suspect that Randy has got sick of all the pelters he's been getting about being an awful owner. Lots of fans saying that he should bugger off and sell us to a billionaire.

He knew it would be inevitable that many would be calling for Paul Lamberts head after such a dissapointing season. He would be put under pressure to get rid of the manager when the he had done nothing wrong in his eyes. Remember the restrictions the manager has been working within regards players salaries etc. It's no wonder many of the players are struggling. Quality players play consistently well, that is the big difference with many of our players. They have their good games but more bad than good.

This I believe is Randy Lerner saying " OK, lets see who will come in and is prepared to pay £200 million for the club and then invest millions with no realsitic chance of getting that money back".

It's time to wake up and smell the coffee, this is the real world and the Oligaths and Shelks are few and far between. We could be lucky, but as sad as it sounds this is a wake up call to where we are. A club that is operating on a budget and any progress will be slow.

A lot people seized on the fact that his statement had an element of 'goodbye' in it - with a sale starting to look some way off - I'm just wondering has he washed his hands of us ? - Like the Randy Lerner years were 2006-2014 - Whatever happens now isn't on his watch. Also looking at the prices that championship clubs go for, why would pay £200m for Aston Villa.

I know Reading have debts which need to be paid - but the bidding price is £1 !!!!1 - buy that ...£30m on players - would give you a decent crack at promotion - perhaps another £40 to keep them in the prem. Where as Aston Villa is £200m - £30m to stay in the prem - perhaps £70-80m to make us competitive.

It would seem to me the value for money thing to do is to buy an ailing championship club..

FFP

Can I add this to the comedy gold on this thread.

Admin has reared his head on TBAR again and unfortunately I think signed the death knell for his rapidly dwindling credibility.

Admin wrote:

Hello again, 

The name I heard earlier is Donald Sterling (LA Clippers owner). As I said, not a name that's shown up on my radar until now. Another source has said he's heard the name but could add no more than that. 

Where Sterling fits into this and how far down the track he is with it I'll try to find out for you but it looks like a deal WILL be completed this summer (cue jokes about the UK summer being 8 days)

As I'm sure you've read over and over, info coming out of Villa at the moment is extremely limited but I'll keep you updated when I can.

LMAO

I know Reading have debts which need to be paid - but the bidding price is £1 !!!!1 - buy that ...£30m on players - would give you a decent crack at promotion - perhaps another £40 to keep them in the prem. Where as Aston Villa is £200m - £30m to stay in the prem - perhaps £70-80m to make us competitive.

FFP

Talking of FFP. Are PSG immune to the rules?

FFP

Talking of FFP. Are PSG immune to the rules?

Nope, received same punishment as city

Can I add this to the comedy gold on this thread.

Admin has reared his head on TBAR again and unfortunately I think signed the death knell for his rapidly dwindling credibility.

Admin wrote:

Hello again, 

The name I heard earlier is Donald Sterling (LA Clippers owner). As I said, not a name that's shown up on my radar until now. Another source has said he's heard the name but could add no more than that. 

Where Sterling fits into this and how far down the track he is with it I'll try to find out for you but it looks like a deal WILL be completed this summer (cue jokes about the UK summer being 8 days)

As I'm sure you've read over and over, info coming out of Villa at the moment is extremely limited but I'll keep you updated when I can.

LMAO

Starting to sound more like J B with every post ;)