$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Welcome, clip on mullet!

Randy didn't say that he would 'inform Merill Lynch that the club is for sale'. He said that they are overseeing the sale, which doesn't tell us at what point of the sales process we are at.

Having no buyer in place right now, does not mean that there isn't an interested party 'kicking the tyres'.

Going back tot he man utd yank stock exchange rules thing where they have to confirm / deny rumours within a set timeframe, does that apply if the owner of a company who is on the stock exchange plans to by is?

For example, not saying that they are because I don't know, but if rich products were on the stock exchange and bob rich was serious about buying us, would he have to declare it even though randy might be trying to do a deal quietly?

Going back tot he man utd yank stock exchange rules thing where they have to confirm / deny rumours within a set timeframe, does that apply if the owner of a company who is on the stock exchange plans to by is?

For example, not saying that they are because I don't know, but if rich products were on the stock exchange and bob rich was serious about buying us, would he have to declare it even though randy might be trying to do a deal quietly?

cant answer ur question but rich products is privately owned so would not trade on the SE

If I was a betting man I would be fairly confident on putting money on us having news of new owners or a deal being done within the next few weeks.

I really hope so mate!

Fingers crossed eh?

And me. We start the season with Lerner and lambert and its another wasted season aiming for survival and waiting for a buyer. Needs to happen this summer.

• Like 1

If I was a betting man I would be fairly confident on putting money on us having news of new owners or a deal being done within the next few weeks.

I really hope so mate!

Fingers crossed eh?

And me. We start the season with Lerner and lambert and its another wasted season aiming for survival and waiting for a buyer. Needs to happen this summer.

Agree. 

I really hope so mate!

Fingers crossed eh?

Agree. 

Nah, we finished 5 points clear in the end and who's coming up? Burnley, and possibly Brighton or Derby. Add into that Hull and West Brom finishing below us and there will be one surprise team that collapses.

I reckon we can let a few go, bring in a couple of proven experience types like getting Harewood back and we can still sit out this season treading water.

If it is looking a bit ropey around Christmas we can even talk about getting plans drawn up for the North Stand.

No need to panic yet.

I really hope so mate!

Fingers crossed eh?

Agree. 

Nah, we finished 5 points clear in the end and who's coming up? Burnley, and possibly Brighton or Derby. Add into that Hull and West Brom finishing below us and there will be one surprise team that collapses.

I reckon we can let a few go, bring in a couple of proven experience types like getting Harewood back and we can still sit out this season treading water.

If it is looking a bit ropey around Christmas we can even talk about getting plans drawn up for the North Stand.

No need to panic yet.

You mean QPR or Derby.

Does Bob Rich fit in with what Kwan said?

Yes.

I think we will have to be patient though as I can't imagine AVFC will want the name to leak out just yet.  Therefore I don't think anyone who does know who it is i.e. Kwan, will let it slip just yet.

Was it Kwan who said it was someone who had not been mentioned up to then? Can't remember.

Does Bob Rich fit in with what Kwan said?

Yes.

I think we will have to be patient though as I can't imagine AVFC will want the name to leak out just yet.  Therefore I don't think anyone who does know who it is i.e. Kwan, will let it slip just yet.

Was it Kwan who said it was someone who had not been mentioned up to then? Can't remember.

Yep.

Yup and I don't think Robert Rich has ever been mentioned before today. 

Nope, I can vouch for that, having read every single character and done no study today.

I know it was already mentioned that Lerner's mother is a director on the board of trustees of the Cleveland Clinic that Rich chairs but I thought I'd add that Al Lerner used to be the President of it also. So I guess he knows the Lerner family relatively well.