$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Let me put it like this, it wouldn't come as a surprise to me to see both RL and PL start the season here. 

Thats all we need to know no point thinking somebody is close to a deal if he's saying that prob best ITK on here atm

Did a tiny bit of research here, remembering The Trees talking about Toronto plane. Anyone think it could be Larry Tanenbaum? His franchises are certainly well run and lacking success. His consortium bought the Maple Leafs for just over $100m now valued at over $1B. The Raptors were the same and now are valued at $500m+, and Toronto FC were bought for under $50m now valued well over $100m. A quick google, tells me he was linked with Nottingham Forest in 2012, and Sheffield Wednesday in January 2014. Only has a net worth of $1B but has a big consortium behind him. That being said I don't think it ties in with our pre-season tour of Texas. 

Let me put it like this, it wouldn't come as a surprise to me to see both RL and PL start the season here. 

This worries me hugely. The only person on here that we are 100% sure has a direct link to the club..

Why do we always get the impression (rightly or wrongly) that we are run like a three ring circus with the clowns in charge of proceedings?

Because of all the whining children in the audience?

Thats not fair.

And I'm taking my ball in and not playing!

• Like 1

Right, so is there a press conference at 2:30PM GMT today?

If there is, it appears nobody has bothered to tell the press.

No it's twitter Chinese whispers. Started off with a journo saying nothing will happen before 230pm in his opinion to a statement to a press conference it's probably at the. Messi being unveiled stage now!!

The 2:30PM thing was to tell us that we might get some interesting news after this time Today but looks like we already got it last night and this morning with the Lambert staying for now story.

If anything else does break today I think it will be about Karsa and Culverhouse. Interesting that that times reporter did mention Karsa in his tweet and when the original story about those two broke the press were asked not mention anything unitl the club confirmed it themselves.

The wind of change blew in and then blew off.

I doubt we will get any new owner's or new management in place before the season starts.

According to the Daily Mail Lambert will get money to bring in just a couple of proven Prem players, so we go quality over speculative gambling.

Now i'm not that happy Lambert will get another crack at the whip, but you just have to hope once our injuries subside there is a chance things could improve.

The key thing for me is did last monday's announcement increase the urgency for a sale ? - its fair to assume Randy has been trying to sell us for a couple of years  - has the hunt for a new owner intensfied ?

Many people have said that that the people appointed at BOA/ML were closers not finders - not sure now - as I think Keith Harris said we are at the start of the process - got to be October time before a buyer is found and all what goes with it is complete ?

..and if last Mondays statement didn't mark the start of an urgent search for a buyer, then it could taken even longer..

Edited by smetrov
  • Like 1

The journo said 2:30 pm at the earliest, leading people to believe there was a press embargo and therefore something important to be shared. Some also believed it was coincidental that at this time it will be morning in New York and therefore it coincides with the opening of the NY Stock Exchange meaning the news was related to new owners who could only announce their purchase when the NYSE opened.

I doubt we'll hear anything at 2:30pm and the next thing we will hear is that Lambert is staying, that's it. Hope I'm wrong though.

Edited by Ginko

I never saw 2.30pm mentioned by any Journalists, where did it come from? Did i miss something?

Dave Armitage ‏@davearmitage7 May 17

No leaks/statements on Villa's New York thinktank with Lerner, Lambert and Faulkner until 2.30 Monday absolute earliest #avfc

Cheers. So could be anytime, even though the press looks like they have already released what it was to say.