$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I think the last thing the club needs is ex-players as managers.

Maybe if we were "comfortable" in the league past few seasons it would make sense however in our current situation is a big no no.

This club needs experience from boardroom, managerial and playing staff.

• Like 2

I can remember when the Daily Mail said we were getting Ancelotti and we ended up with Mcleish. Hopefully this time out we don't end up with someone like Chris Hughton.

Rafa & Mancini are other clubs hand me downs. Does anyone not think that what Rodgers has done with Liverpool this year makes Benitez look a bit shit? Particularly in the league? Fair enough Rafa fluked a Champions League & there is no doubting that he had a lot of nights in Europe where he got it spot on. Plus he's surely very happy at Napoli, where he's guaranteed CL next year (bar a minor miracle).

• Like 1

I can just imagine how well FSWs gushing over Liverpool would be taken by the fans given how they took Houllier's. When/if we get taken over by big money man, I'd like us to get De Boer from Ajax, or some other spanish or dutch manager.

I think the last thing the club needs is ex-players as managers.

Maybe if we were "comfortable" in the league past few seasons it would make sense however in our current situation is a big no no.

This club needs experience from boardroom, managerial and playing staff.

I would not want an ex player. I would want an up and coming manager who's proven himself at a smaller club and deserves a go at a bigger one with a bit of money to spend.

• Like 2

If we are going Spanish we need to be looking at Toral at Villarreal, been around the block a few times and has overachieved everywhere real bar Sevilla. He's got promoted Villarreal comfortably in 7th at the mo.

• Like 1

Rafa & Mancini are other clubs hand me downs. Does anyone not think that what Rodgers has done with Liverpool this year makes Benitez look a bit shit? Particularly in the league? Fair enough Rafa fluked a Champions League & there is no doubting that he had a lot of nights in Europe where he got it spot on. Plus he's surely very happy at Napoli, where he's guaranteed CL next year (bar a minor miracle).

Not really no. Judge it next season when Liverpool are playing in Europe too. Plus Man UTD have been non-existent this year. 

Won the cup last night too. I think he'll want a crack at the title and the CL next year with his Napoli side. They've really fallen off the pace in the league, they were pushing for 2nd not too long ago, which might not bode well. I doubt he'd come to Villa given the chance to manage Napoli next season.

Mancini is Italian and has Lazio (booo, scum) connections. Di Matteo has too, They were after Zola as manager which might count as a connection. Nobody is surely insane enough to think it's Di Canio. Apart from that who can it be? Delio Rossi? Can't see that happening, Sampdoria have got a lot better since he got sacked. Don' think he speaks english either and has no connection to english football.

People have said it time and time but people don't seem to take on board the fact that it doesn't matter how much the owner is worth, it's all down to how much they're willing to invest.

Prime example is Liverpool who have owners worth a few Billion$.

You then have QPR owner Lakshmi Mittal who is worth 16.7 BILLION. not far behind city. Fair play he spent a bit on Remy and Samba etc but they're no Aguero's and Toure's are they and he could more than afford that calibre. 

Bill Kenright it worth 10 million £. Yes they have other backers but they've ran it well as a business. 

Edited by avfcwills10
  • Like 2

To be honest I don't think Lakshmi Mittal spends anything at all at QPR I think it all comes from the other guy Fernandes. Mittal has been there since the last owners and they didn't spend much then. I think it's his nephew who has the bigger involvement.