Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

The other odd thing about that episode is the amount of truncating and short-cutting it implies.That episode moves them a long way from the books, not a little. That's odd because I would have thought the makers would have wanted to string it out as much as possible to avoid overtaking the books because Lardy takes so bloody long to write them.

It suggests they have given up on that idea and will be finished long before the books.

...and miss out on the extra revenue that the series will generate, I doubt that. More that they are changing the chronology slightly.

I don't mind when they don't follow the books.

Bran's journey to 3EC is very boring. Lots of trudging through snow for chapters on end.

In the books, he has no choice to go to the 3EC, but the detour on the show gives him the opportunity to make a decision. Go back with Jon or look for the 3EC and see if the legends are true and he can use his powers. It is the nature of converting the series to the show though. Season 1, for me, was probably my least favorite TV season.

Unless, of course, you guys want to see Brienne going on asking about a maid of ten and three for a whole season ;)

It's a different show now, and as I haven't read the books, I can't make the comparison. I do, though, find the pacing considerably worse in these last two seasons. The characters are much, much better drawn though.

I've also noticed how it has slowly morphed into a show lead by women, which is cool, a bit like Mad Men did a few seasons ago.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

I have noticed that all American shows have to have long drawn out intros/credits. Anyway, Games of Thrones is the only programme where I'll happily sit through the opening credits every time.

Not all of them. ;)

One thing I will say about the Game of Thrones opening is that I like how it is different every time, it tends to focus on the areas of the map where events in that episode will be taking place.  Winterfell is in it every episode even though I don't think there has been a scene there since season 2. I guess it could be just to represent the Stark family. It's cool how the current version of Winterfell in the intro is a smoking ruin after Ramsay Snow and/or Theon Greyjoy torched it though. :thumb:

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 2

I don't mind when they don't follow the books.

Bran's journey to 3EC is very boring. Lots of trudging through snow for chapters on end.

In the books, he has no choice to go to the 3EC, but the detour on the show gives him the opportunity to make a decision. Go back with Jon or look for the 3EC and see if the legends are true and he can use his powers. It is the nature of converting the series to the show though. Season 1, for me, was probably my least favorite TV season.

Unless, of course, you guys want to see Brienne going on asking about a maid of ten and three for a whole season ;)

Yeah there are definitely parts that I don't want to see and you picked the best example. I think most of book 4 was rubbish and by the looks of it we won't be seeing much of it.

so someone who has read the books, without spoilers can they tell us where we are with each strand of plot in relation to each book.

ie: Bran current position from book 4?

Khaleesi's current position from book 5?

etc...

Â