Paul Faulkner

smetrov

He obviously has advisors. I believe he was advised to sign McLeish and he thought it would be a great idea. He must have very limited football knowledge to agree to that. Lambert was obviously put forward to him by people who had done a little more research. If you need another reason he can never be forgiven, its that he obviously had no thought what so ever, about us, the fans when agreeing to sign McLeish.

Sorry.

Who hired Mcleish? Faulkner or Lerner?

Yep very good summer by PF and his team.. Signed existing players onto long term contracts, brought in 7 new players plus numerous more youth signings and have developed the commercial aspects well.

Existing players fair enoough.

Lot of the players brought in have a lot to prove IMO

I thought our recent sponsorship was one of the smallest in recent years - granted we aren't the appeal we were a few years back - but in terms of revenue I wouldn't say the commercial side is developing.

How they perform on the pitch is nothing to do with PF, his job was to get them in on good deals for the club, the publicised prices would seem he has done that well.

As for the sponsorship I thought it was an increase from previous yrs, but couldn't swear by it.

He obviously has advisors. I believe he was advised to sign McLeish and he thought it would be a great idea. He must have very limited football knowledge to agree to that. Lambert was obviously put forward to him by people who had done a little more research. If you need another reason he can never be forgiven, its that he obviously had no thought what so ever, about us, the fans when agreeing to sign McLeish.

Sorry.

Faulkner is as good as his right hand man. I cant believe Lerner would not have signed McLeish without Faulkner's 100% backing.

Sorry.

Faulkner is as good as his right hand man. I cant believe Lerner would not have signed McLeish without Faulkner's 100% backing.

So why are you angry with Faulkner? He has zero experience in the world of football.

Why was the owner taking advice from someone who worked in the credit card business on who the manager of Aston Villa should be?

Sorry.

So why are you angry with Faulkner? He has zero experience in the world of football.

Why was the owner taking advice from someone who worked in the credit card business on who the manager of Aston Villa should be?

Great question!!

I still don't get why some people blame anyone other then Lerner for McLeish's hiring.

Some just have to find someone else to deflect the blame from our current owner.

I'm very much in the "Randy Lerner gets a lot of unfair stick" camp, but I haven't seen many people at all defending him hiring McLeish and I certainly do not. The only thing that people say with regards to the matter is that if he's going to crucified for hiring a bad manager, he should also receive credit if he hires a good one.

• Like 4

I still don't get why some people blame anyone other then Lerner for McLeish's hiring.

Some just have to find someone else to deflect the blame from our current owner.

some of us also think that Owners make mistakes...my suspicion always was that McLeish was hired simply to steady the financial ship whilst keeping us in the Prem.

Not agreeing with that decision, but can see what Lerner was trying to do....we all know it was a mistake on the pitch, including the man himself,off it ,only Mr Lerner will know.

....but hey, is a leader allowed to make a mistake and then hang around to try and put it right.

I think Faulkner has done his job very well on the commercial side of the club. Considering in the last 3 seasons we have been in a relegation battle for a majority of each of them the deals he has achieved for the club are magnificent if the figures are to be believed.

There must be more to Paul Faulkner than is apparent. He has a genial, open, almost boyish, look about him, but to get where he has at a young age there must be some steel about him. Not to be under estimated. He would have had a steep learning curve. I am sure I read that someone said that he was a guy who gets things done.

Also, does he not have a family footballing connection with Norwich?

Sorry.

Great question!!

Sort of.

But the only person who can answer that would be someone who knows that the question is true.

And I am not sure that it is.

I'm not quite sure why a football club not qualified for any international football needs an official flight partner, but I'm sure it's quite a coup.

You don't use an official flight partner because players need to travel on that airline!

The official flight partner pays Aston Villa money for the privilege to use our name.

For example, Man Utd have an official Noodle partner. Yes, a noodle partner. 

They also have an official potato snack partner.

its about getting as many companies in each area to pay us money to be associated with our name. 

I'm very much in the "Randy Lerner gets a lot of unfair stick" camp, but I haven't seen many people at all defending him hiring McLeish and I certainly do not. The only thing that people say with regards to the matter is that if he's going to crucified for hiring a bad manager, he should also receive credit if he hires a good one.

Precisely. But that won't happen. It's not about a balanced discussion. People have decided whether they like or dislike Lerner so rather than discuss him on a case by case basis (which is what you are suggesting), people pick a side of the fence and ignore anything that is 'inconvenient' for them. Much like why your very good post has gone 2 days without a response because it might have meant having to concede the point.
  • Like 1

Precisely. But that won't happen. It's not about a balanced discussion. People have decided whether they like or dislike Lerner so rather than discuss him on a case by case basis (which is what you are suggesting), people pick a side of the fence and ignore anything that is 'inconvenient' for them. Much like why your very good post has gone 2 days without a response because it might have meant having to concede the point.

I was going to wait to see if Lambert turns into a good manager for us first.

Â