Leicester City

Villan4Life

11 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I can't understand why this is going on before the euros. Surely Vardy needs to focus on England and England only right now. It cant help his focus. Tell Arsenal he'll make his decision after the euros. 

because if he has a storming Euros better teams might put in a bid for him. Real Madrid for example not afraid to sign players based on a tournament

Peoples stock rise and fall more than they should in international tournaments. Hes pretty much at the peak, even if he has an amazing tourny, he still wont be able to demand much more given his age and history. + people are kind of expecting him to bang in goals. If he was younger its probably best to wait until after

If he fluffs about 20 chances or looks anonymous throughout then uh'oh, potential 1 season wonder + waiting will likely bring other strikers onto the market which could block his move.

well..thats my opinion on the sitiuation anyway *shrug*

Edited by gharperr

11 minutes ago, gharperr said:

Peoples stock rise and fall more than they should in international tournaments. Hes pretty much at the peak, even if he has an amazing tourny, he still wont be able to demand much more given his age and history. + people are kind of expecting him to bang in goals. If he was younger its probably best to wait until after

If he fluffs about 20 chances or looks anonymous throughout then uh'oh, potential 1 season wonder + waiting will likely bring other strikers onto the market which could block his move.

well..thats my opinion on the sitiuation anyway *shrug*

yes he's proven what he can do last season so no matter what he does in the euros  wont change Arsenal's interest. the release clause is only about 20 mil so they wont care about paying that. The only think that would change things is a serious injury. For Vardy he's in a win wi n position anyway. He's got champions league football at Leicester and is on 90k a week. Why would he worry about missing out on a Arsenal deal. 

Edited by PaulC

yeh

How much does moving even affect the player anyway? Surely he just texts the agent and says "i want this £k a week, get it done, try get me best offer though please" and his agent does all the talking

im sure the conversation with the wife saying how hes getting more money and moving to london wouldnt be too hard

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, useless said:

I remember we were linked to Vardy for £15M last year and the so called experts on here were saying he was no better than Weiman.

tbh I think it's a bit harsh to be playing that card for a one season wonder ( but to be continued ... )

the season before he scored 5 goals , had we paid £15m for him based on that , I think we'd have been completely bonkers  ( especially when Leicester agreed a £5m fee for him with Sheff Weds in the close season )

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, useless said:

I remember we were linked to Vardy for £15M last year and the so called experts on here were saying he was no better than Weiman.

that Sherwood lad, he knew his stuff ;)

wasnt a fan of sigining myself but one quote even suggests he is worse than Gabby :lol:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, useless said:

That link makes both hilarious and painful reading.

Little did we know how that season was going to pan out.

• Like 1

I don't blame Vardy for wanting to leave (if he does want to leave). Even though Leicester are champions, this could be his only chance to move to a properly big club for mega bucks. You can't really blame him.

That being said, is there a side in the league that would play less to his strengths than Arsenal?

11 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't blame Vardy for wanting to leave (if he does want to leave). Even though Leicester are champions, this could be his only chance to move to a properly big club for mega bucks. You can't really blame him

I think he'd be a bit silly to stay there. He can get Champions League football elsewhere, while being able to win more trophies. 

23 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep you cant but just goes to show how tough it is if your not a sky 6 club

Absolutely. Of course there are various reasons why Vardy, kante etc would want a move, and I'm not knocking them for that, but when you strip it all back, the Champions of England find themselves in a postion whereby the heart of the squad could be ripped to pieces.

Proof if ever it was needed that whilst good management, scouting and team spirit can sometimes take you a long way in the short term, a Man City style takeover is the only access to long term success. 

• 1 month later...
Â