• Good
    • Very Good
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

Is nobody else worried about us slipping into another relegation batte??..................Oh no wait were in one.  2 good wins at home would normally spark a team into some kind of form, but not us, not sure who is to blame there the manager or the players!!

They took their chances we didn't.  Gabby has been a liability this last 5 or 6 games, woeful again today and he is one of the players that we need playing well for us to play well in attack.  Ref was a pleb.

Westwood MOTM

• Like 3

Once again very poor defending, the second goal annoyed me in particular because it was both lucky and poor defending and changed the game.

How was the second one lucky?

Vlaar should have stopped Kagawa's pass but didn't quite stretch far enough.

Eh? That's nothing to do with luck. It's either poor defending and/or a great pass.

Either the pass wasn't meant for Mata or it was a poor pass because Vlaar should have cut it out.

Pathetic

A word used to describe villa pretty much every week

I would only keep Guzan vlaar Delph and Benteke from this team

The rest can piss right off

Get your wallet out Lerner you stingy tosser so all these jokers can jog on to the Scottish leagues

Sorry but Benteke was the main culprit for this defeat today. 3 easy chances cost us the game.

The shit defending had nothing to do with it then.

Plenty but i was responding to the post about keeping Benteke who had a mare today

My thoughts today

Started well and yet again lost. According to a book I have just read called the 'Numbers Game' if your side scores first you should almost be guaranteed at least a point. I guess Villa likes to be a bit different. We also seem to have a inverse relationship between the greater possession we have the more likely we drop or lose points. This is a strange side.

Vlaar had a poor game today- if he plays badly we play poorly. He is our most valuable player. Bacuna is good going forwards but can't really defend. Yewunited took their chances and we didn't. We had 10 shots but only 1 on target. Football is a simple game- if you are more efficient in taking your chances than your opponents you win the game- no matter what the football hipsters, sabermetrics geeks and wannabe peps may say.

United are nowhere near a top 4 side and we are nowhere near the top half. We both deserve to be where we are in the table. I would say if we play like this versus Fulham we should win but we all know we will play crap and draw 1-1. Now time to sit in the garden and cool off....

Edited by The Fun Factory

My thoughts today

Started well and yet again lost. According to a book I have just read called the 'Numbers Game' if your side scores first you should almost be guaranteed at least a point. I guess Villa likes to be a bit different. We also seem to have a inverse relationship between the greater possession we have the more likely we drop or lose points. This is a strange side.

Vlaar had a poor game today- if he plays badly we play poorly. He is our most valuable player. Bacuna is good going forwards but can't really defend. Yewunited took their chances and we didn't. We had 10 shots but only 1 on target. Football is a simple game- if you are more efficient in taking your chances than your opponents you win the game- no matter what the football hipsters, sabermetrics geeks and wannabe peps may say.

United are nowhere near a top 4 side and we are nowhere near the top half. We both deserve to be where we are in the table. I would say if we play like this versus Fulham we should win but we all know we will play crap and draw 1-1. Now time to sit in the garden and cool off....

Totally agree here.  We do not show enough consitency in games for defending, scoring and form.  We will prob draw with fulham then rack in 4 goals versus someone we dont expect.  One more win should be enough.

I'm really perplexed by a lot of the reactions on here. Terrible result but aside from some bad defending that was a pretty decent performance. May have been the same scoreline as last week but a completely different performance.

No doubt I'll get slaughtered for not thinking in black and white.

But...But... Lambert out. Worst Villa team ever....

Edited by The_Steve

A lot of people seem to think Rooney is massively overhyped, but you give him as much room as we did in the penalty area and only one thing is going to happen.

I'm not surprised by the result, they're still a good team and we can't expect to get consistent results against a team in 7th when we're in the bottom half, but that's as easy a game as they've had all season, and Stoke had the same last week.

How quickly we unravel.

Edited by Davkaus

Our defenders will catch a lot of flak for this result (rightly so), but I think our forwards lost this one. Benteke missed chance after gilt-edged chance. Agbonlahor constantly gave the ball away, at least twice leading directly to opposition goals. Weimann, I barely remembered he was playing except when he was throwing himself to the ground and then wasting time remonstrating with the ref while United went on the break (OK, to be fair to him, Fellaini did foul him that one time). And sadly, if you take one of these guys off, who's on the bench to come on in their place? Tonev. Holt. Not really going to throw the fear of God into anyone.

Delph and Westwood did well. Westwood's free kick was a cracker. Fairly disappointed in everyone else.

• Like 1

Â