• Good
    • Very Good
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

Just watched the Benteke chances again. We should be coming away with at least a point.  :(

The words 'clutching' and 'straws' come to mind. First time manure have scored 4 in the PL since the opening day of the season. We are garbage just accept it and stop trying to find some solace in today's performance.

Yes we are garbage and yes I have accepted it , as there is little I can do to alter that . It seems strange then that you also accept that we are garbage, but insist in being butt hurt when we lose to a team who are still light years ahead of us , regardless of their current standing. If you know we are crap then why are you so shocked that we just lost to a much better team than us ? It doesn't make sense ?

.....because that is simply not true, what you are saying....you don't take ten points off the top four by being garbage .....we are many things, but not garbage. We have too many players that go missing too often at crucial times. We have a team that lack leadership and mental strength, we have a defence where some members positional play is very questionable, we have players who don't find pressing natural......these can be coaching problems....the manager must take some responsibility for this he has has 2 years already and not much improvement.

Pathetic

A word used to describe villa pretty much every week

I would only keep Guzan vlaar Delph and Benteke from this team

The rest can piss right off

Get your wallet out Lerner you stingy tosser so all these jokers can jog on to the Scottish leagues

Sorry but Benteke was the main culprit for this defeat today. 3 easy chances cost us the game.

The shit defending had nothing to do with it then.
I'm totally with you.....we went one nil up, am I missing something.Bentekes misses were frustrating, but it wasn't why we lost the game....schoolboy defending lost us the game.

Under Saunders one nil up.....game over.

I don't know why you keep bringing Ron Saunders up. As great as he was and as much as I wish our managers since could've been like him, his reign was over 30 years ago. We don't need constant reminding of how good we were under him.

It would seem that any sort of defending is just not on the schedule at training sessions and in the management thinking at aston villa, most teams build a solid back line and centre of the park and then think about the attack. The complete reverse happens with our set up so if the forwards do not perform at 100% we have nothing to build on and lets face it if benteki scored every chance he got  he would not be at villa park. Even in the championship you see solid defences and well set up teams so money is not the major factor in the inconsistency we show, it is all down to football thinking within your management and coaches and the stlye of play they choose to adopt.

• Like 1

Pathetic

A word used to describe villa pretty much every week

I would only keep Guzan vlaar Delph and Benteke from this team

The rest can piss right off

Get your wallet out Lerner you stingy tosser so all these jokers can jog on to the Scottish leagues

Sorry but Benteke was the main culprit for this defeat today. 3 easy chances cost us the game.
The shit defending had nothing to do with it then.
I'm totally with you.....we went one nil up, am I missing something.Bentekes misses were frustrating, but it wasn't why we lost the game....schoolboy defending lost us the game.Under Saunders one nil up.....game over.

I don't know why you keep bringing Ron Saunders up. As great as he was and as much as I wish our managers since could've been like him, his reign was over 30 years ago. We don't need constant reminding of how good we were under him.
Because, that is the standard we should be bench marking.....in the same way, that Man U fans will be bench marking what Fergie did and Chelsea fans were bench marking what Mourinho did before his return.

Don't set your standards too low and become a hostage to realistic.....realistic is a euphemism for complacency.....we need to strive and drive and to me we are not.

Edited by TRO

Of course they're in the past, all results are. As a season ticket holder I've had enough of lambert and his clueless , inept reign. Time to move on .

There has already been 000's that have walked....my advice for what it's worth is join them.

I dumped my season ticket at the end of O'Neills reign when I was watching quite expensive players playing hoof ball in the main...the home record then was poor, now it's worse.

In all those intervening years, we have learnt nothing and it is still much the same....all the old excuses get rolled out while the staff responsible get paid huge amounts for standing still.

It is an expensive game c £100 for a win.

The fans that are willing to accept it.....let them get on with it , and sit on their own,....pick your games, at least, you have the satisfaction of not getting fleeced and with such a fickle outfit, we can dovetail and become the fickle fans we are already getting accused of being.

• Like 1

Because, that is the standard we should be bench marking.....in the same way, that Man U fans will be bench marking what Fergie did and Chelsea fans were bench marking what Mourinho did before his return.

Don't set your standards too low and become a hostage to realistic.....realistic is a euphemism for complacency.....we need to strive and drive and to me we are not.

No it shouldn't. I agree we should be aiming high but constantly trying to compare how we're doing now to how we were doing in the early 80s is just going to lead to massive disappointment over and over again. Football has changed massively since then.

Ah, the old "standards" line. It's got **** all to do with "standards", some people just recognise that constantly comparing things to how they were 30 years ago when football was a completely different beast is pointless. You may as well just go one step further and compare everything to 1890s when we were an even bigger force.

Terrible result but aside

.......but how can you brush aside, so conveniently, the main topic, to satisfy your lust for acceptance.

Because you have to take in other factors? We may have lost 4-1 again yesterday but the performance was a lot better than against Stoke. It's got nothing to do with "lust for acceptance". Why does everything have to be black and white? Why does anybody that isn't ranting and raving about everything get branded as happy with everything?

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

Just watched the Benteke chances again. We should be coming away with at least a point.  :(

The words 'clutching' and 'straws' come to mind. First time manure have scored 4 in the PL since the opening day of the season. We are garbage just accept it and stop trying to find some solace in today's performance.

Yes we are garbage and yes I have accepted it , as there is little I can do to alter that . It seems strange then that you also accept that we are garbage, but insist in being butt hurt when we lose to a team who are still light years ahead of us , regardless of their current standing. If you know we are crap then why are you so shocked that we just lost to a much better team than us ? It doesn't make sense ?

.....because that is simply not true, what you are saying....you don't take ten points off the top four by being garbage .....we are many things, but not garbage. We have too many players that go missing too often at crucial times. We have a team that lack leadership and mental strength, we have a defence where some members positional play is very questionable, we have players who don't find pressing natural......these can be coaching problems....the manager must take some responsibility for this he has has 2 years already and not much improvement.

I don't actually think we are garbage . I was just making a point that it's strange that there are people who do believe that we are crap , yet throw a hissy fit when the team conforms to those same low expectations. It doesn't make sense . Personally I think we are a bang average team who are just as capable of pulling off huge wins as we are huge defeats .

• Like 3

Wtf was Clark doing for goal 1? Worst defending I've seen in weeks

It wasn't Clark. He was covering Mata. The defenders next to him moved too far to the right, leaving the penalty area exposed, and Rooney totally free as he came from deep. He should have had a midfielder on him, or a defense that would stand tighter inside the penalty area. If anything this was the second bad game in a row by Vlaar. Poor Clark trying to cover up his mistakes and then gets the blame anyway.

Maybe it is a management issue, maybe it is experience, maybe it is a discipline issue where the players can't follow instructions . Either way, it will get better. I think this team has a lot of talent, and this second season syndrome and new to this league syndrome will eventually go next season and we will see the real Villa challenging for top 6.

Clark never should of left Rooney like that.  Mata was in between Westwood and Delph when the ball came in.  It was terrible defending from Clark.  

Just watched the Benteke chances again. We should be coming away with at least a point. :(

The words 'clutching' and 'straws' come to mind. First time manure have scored 4 in the PL since the opening day of the season. We are garbage just accept it and stop trying to find some solace in today's performance.
I don't actually think we are garbage . I was just making a point that it's strange that there are people who do believe that we are crap , yet throw a hissy fit when the team conforms to those same low expectations. It doesn't make sense . Personally I think we are a bang average team who are just as capable of pulling off huge wins as we are huge defeats .

Piss off with your sense and reason.

Wtf was Clark doing for goal 1? Worst defending I've seen in weeks

It wasn't Clark. He was covering Mata. The defenders next to him moved too far to the right, leaving the penalty area exposed, and Rooney totally free as he came from deep. He should have had a midfielder on him, or a defense that would stand tighter inside the penalty area. If anything this was the second bad game in a row by Vlaar. Poor Clark trying to cover up his mistakes and then gets the blame anyway.

Maybe it is a management issue, maybe it is experience, maybe it is a discipline issue where the players can't follow instructions . Either way, it will get better. I think this team has a lot of talent, and this second season syndrome and new to this league syndrome will eventually go next season and we will see the real Villa challenging for top 6.

Clark never should of left Rooney like that.  Mata was in between Westwood and Delph when the ball came in.  It was terrible defending from Clark.  

Mata was infront of Clark and Rooney was behind him. Both came from deep, and since everyone else was ball watching, Clark had to move either towards Mata, which would have left Rooney free, or backwards to Rooney, which would have left Mata free. Either way he was screwed. Football is a team game, it is a bad defensive game when two opposition players can run freely inside the opposition's penalty area with only one player watching them.

Edited by momo

No it shouldn't. I agree we should be aiming high but constantly trying to compare how we're doing now to how we were doing in the early 80s is just going to lead to massive disappointment over and over again. Football has changed massively since then.

Ah, the old "standards" line. It's got **** all to do with "standards", some people just recognise that constantly comparing things to how they were 30 years ago when football was a completely different beast is pointless. You may as well just go one step further and compare everything to 1890s when we were an even bigger force.

Terrible result but aside

.......but how can you brush aside, so conveniently, the main topic, to satisfy your lust for acceptance.

Because you have to take in other factors? We may have lost 4-1 again yesterday but the performance was a lot better than against Stoke. It's got nothing to do with "lust for acceptance". Why does everything have to be black and white? Why does anybody that isn't ranting and raving about everything get branded as happy with everything?

I'm sorry, I don't buy this football is different today, inferring that everything really is. And parallels can't be taken seriously with yesteryear.

..there is far more money in the game today, but everything is relative.....we had the power houses back then, just the same, Burnley had to sell to survive and Bob Lord was always belly aching about it....VIlla was one of those power houses back in the early part of the 20th century.....it's all relative.

Determination, will, drive, strong mental attitude, fighting spirit,managers being deliberate and not waffling....all these things were the same a hundred years ago....the colour of the pitch, the size of the goal posts, the size of the ball....but football has changed so much.

LIverpool and man utd and Arsenal still had a bigger pull than us when we won the league,....There was also a great manager on the east coast building a superb side in Bobby Robson and Ipswich....Ron Saunders faced similar competition as they do today.....just that the sums are bigger, but the principles were the same.

It's not a case of wallowing in self pity and reiterating the same old moans.....it's about disagreeing with people who think nothing can be done.

...because in my view a better job can be done.

It is the job of the owner, to come up with who that man should be....?But without even looking too far Tony Pulis would have given us that deliberate approach I talk about like Ron Saunders did..

It's mainly about choices, and we have made the wrong ones.

Edited by TRO

I'm sorry, I don't buy this football is different today, inferring that everything really is. And parallels can't be taken seriously with yesteryear.

..there is far more money in the game today, but everything is relative.....we had the power houses back then, just the same, Burnley had to sell to survive and Bob Lord was always belly aching about it....VIlla was one of those power houses back in the early part of the 20th century.....it's all relative.

Determination, will, drive, strong mental attitude, fighting spirit,managers being deliberate and not waffling....all these things were the same a hundred years ago....the colour of the pitch, the size of the goal posts, the size of the ball....but football has changed so much.

LIverpool and man utd and Arsenal still had a bigger pull than us when we won the league,....There was also a great manager on the east coast building a superb side in Bobby Robson and Ipswich....Ron Saunders faced similar competition as they do today.....just that the sums are bigger, but the principles were the same.

It's not a case of wallowing in self pity and reiterating the same old moans.....it's about disagreeing with people who think nothing can be done.

...because in my view a better job can be done.

It is the job of the owner, to come up with who that man should be....?But without even looking too far Tony Pulis would have given us that deliberate approach I talk about like Ron Saunders did..

It's mainly about choices, and we have made the wrong ones.

You honestly can't see how the game has changed with the huge influx of money? Even I can see how much its changed in the last 15 years let alone in the last 30.

I get the impression you think a team can go anywhere based purely on how much they want to win and on how much "nous" the manager has. Fact is it unfortunately takes a lot of money to get to the top of football these days. That's not to say that Lambert is doing the best job possible, but comparisons to the glory days of the early 80s are utterly pointless due to how much football has changed. If you can't adapt to the times then you will forever end up more disappointed and depressed than you should be.

• Like 1

Â