• Good
    • Very Good
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

Either way, it will get better. I think this team has a lot of talent, and this second season syndrome and new to this league syndrome will eventually go next season and we will see the real Villa challenging for top 6.

:crylaugh:

LMFAO 

Mature responses.

Maybe El Ahmadi is more important than many thought? We've conceded 6 goals in 140 minutes of football without him.

Too bad Sylla is out of form, Gardner is injured, Lowton is out of form (because Bacuna could have played in midfield today).

Maybe El Ahmadi is more important than many thought? We've conceded 6 goals in 140 minutes of football without him.

Too bad Sylla is out of form, Gardner is injured, Lowton is out of form (because Bacuna could have played in midfield today).

Gardner isn't injured though, PL just doesn't believe in giving him a chance, he would rather give Grant 'loves a pie' Holt a place on the bench.

Gardner isn't injured though, PL just doesn't believe in giving him a chance, he would rather give Grant 'loves a pie' Holt a place on the bench.

Are you sure?

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/topic/5194-gary-gardner/?p=1276769

Are you sure?

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/topic/5194-gary-gardner/?p=1276769

Never saw that image my bad, still making my point though regarding him not being given a fair chance by PL.

I'm really perplexed by a lot of the reactions on here. Terrible result but aside from some bad defending that was a pretty decent performance. May have been the same scoreline as last week but a completely different performance.

No doubt I'll get slaughtered for not thinking in black and white

This x 9999 recurring.

I'm really perplexed by a lot of the reactions on here. Terrible result but aside from some bad defending that was a pretty decent performance. May have been the same scoreline as last week but a completely different performance.

No doubt I'll get slaughtered for not thinking in black and white.

"Pretty decent performance "

You are deluded and in denial.

That my friend was thoroughly shit.

It really, really wasn't and you're being patronising.

Back to off topic I go...

• Like 3

Overall, we didn't play horribly. Two important things changed this game.

1) we gave Rooney (and Mata and Hernandez and januzaj) acres of space in dangerous positions and they punished us, as should any-even amateur footballer. Clark's fault on two of those, at least. Many here have said they were "clinical." I understand the point, but I think the fault lies with us, for giving them chances that didn't even really require clinical, just basic concentration.

2) on three occasions, our play created an equivalent "acres of space" for Benteke, he missed the ball, much less the goal.

Bring baker back, start Lowton with Bacuna in front of him. Start tonev in place of gabby, but tell him, if you shoot from outside the 18, you'll sub out at the next stoppage, and keep gabby and bennet both warming up all game long, cause one of them will have to go on for Tonev. He can't stop shooting...... Too high.

• Like 3

How many games need to be lost due to poor defending before the defence is sorted? Benteke didn't really help either but it seems that our defence can't seem to do the basics right. Vlaar looks worryingly out of form, Clark is awful, Baker slightly better but still rubbish. It's quite embarrassing how easy we seem to make it for other teams to score

I'm surprised by how many people are annoyed at this result to the point of the weekly "Lambert brilliant/out" calls.

I still think the guy is a talented young manager who is doing well with a cheap young squad on low wages. If you don't think he's the man for the job that's fair enough but I don't know who I would rather have and I think 1 more summer window and we're going to be looking at a strong team

I have never once this season said PL has been 'brilliant', he has done nothing to benefit Villa this season. Poor tactically, no motivational skills and no man-management skills either.

Sad but almost certainly true

Some shocking posts in here

Despite conceding 8 goals in our last matches. Our goal difference is still much better than most teams in the relegation fight.

Glad you're happy with us not getting relegated. Some of us expect our manager to do his job he is paid for.

He just isn"t good enough and needs to go. Only reason we are we are in the league has been down to lucky. We have abysmal all season and go some lucky decision and bounces against the big teams.

We should of beat them today but he hasn't got a clue how to send a team out with a positive mindset and keep it.

We should of beat them??? Why??? Because they're going through a bad spell? They are still miles in front of us so I don't get your point. Some people on here......

Clinical finishing was the difference today. United have forwards who can score, we dont.

Id sell the lot of them.

We should drop gabby and weiman and give helenius a chance in a 4-4-1-1 with benteke. I mean he cudnt do less than gabby and weiman.

I also think its hilarious that we have 4 very tall strikers and only play 1 wing player in albrighton. We have some very talented young wide players - give one a chance on the left - worth a try isnt it?

That first one of Rooney's.....I would have scored that.

Poor,poor defending.

Pathetic

A word used to describe villa pretty much every week

I would only keep Guzan vlaar Delph and Benteke from this team

The rest can piss right off

Get your wallet out Lerner you stingy tosser so all these jokers can jog on to the Scottish leagues

Sorry but Benteke was the main culprit for this defeat today. 3 easy chances cost us the game.

The shit defending had nothing to do with it then.
I'm totally with you.....we went one nil up, am I missing something.Bentekes misses were frustrating, but it wasn't why we lost the game....schoolboy defending lost us the game.

Under Saunders one nil up.....game over.

Edited by TRO

We have now lost a combined 7-1 to the worst Man United side in a generation. SEVEN **** ONE!!!

When will this curse end? Will we ever beat those bastards? :(

When we get sent out.....prepared.

This guy is taking us no where.

Â