• Very Good
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

Wtf was Clark doing for goal 1? Worst defending I've seen in weeks

It wasn't Clark. He was covering Mata. The defenders next to him moved too far to the right, leaving the penalty area exposed, and Rooney totally free as he came from deep. He should have had a midfielder on him, or a defense that would stand tighter inside the penalty area. If anything this was the second bad game in a row by Vlaar. Poor Clark trying to cover up his mistakes and then gets the blame anyway.

Maybe it is a management issue, maybe it is experience, maybe it is a discipline issue where the players can't follow instructions . Either way, it will get better. I think this team has a lot of talent, and this second season syndrome and new to this league syndrome will eventually go next season and we will see the real Villa challenging for top 6.

Should I "get over" the 12 home defeats this season so far aswell ?

Did you actually read my post?

That said, you probably should if you haven't already. You don't have to approve of Lambert but I don't see what good stewing over those defeats will do. They're in the past and you can't change that.

That was a truly difficult game to watch, and a very difficult result to take.  Clearly the scoreline didn't reflect the balance of the game, but obviously goals are the only factor that counts.  Unfortunately to score goals you need to have strikers that can hit a barn door, and to prevent them you need defenders that have a modicum of awareness of their surroundings.  We were severely lacking in both aspects today.  On the positive side, we are able to reflect on a good performance from our midfielders, for the most part, which is rare as we normally bypass them completely.  The other positive is that we don't have to play Manure again this season.  Form has nothing to do with it - we have an intolerance to them; they clearly don't agree with our sensitive disposition. 

• Like 2

I've forked out for match tickets for me and my kids, a tank full of fuel, parking and food to watch Gabby impersonate a footballer yet again today. I didn't think he could play any worse than last weekend but credit to him he proved me wrong. Had he stayed on his feet and not looked for a foul we wouldn't 've conceded the second goal. Time to bench him because the lack of effort is unacceptable.

Vlaar was at fault for Shrek's first goal however his movement today would've caused problems for any defender. What really annoys me is that we made Darren Flecther and Elbows Fellaini look like world beaters by standing off them.

Maybe all those that slate KEA will accept he plays an important if not eye catching role in midfield.

Edited by Robbie09

Ouch Sounds like an expensive day out !!? Villa fans attending today have again been really mugged off

I'm used to seeing us lose having followed us for 40 plus years but what really pissed me today off is the lack of desire and commitment from Gabby. I know he's not the brightest but the least he can do is put in a shift.

It could be worse though, at least we're not the Albion.

• Like 1

Maybe El Ahmadi is more important than many thought? We've conceded 6 goals in 140 minutes of football without him.

That's a good observation. He is a workhorse and we lacked that today.

Robbie - gabby to me looked like he'd been on a picnic all week , even my mom sat up at one point and said is that Aggy Gabby ? He looks massive ! He played with a lethargy that was frankly embarrassing , I like gabby but he only turns up for derby games. I also thought vlaar was woeful today, goals 1 and 3 directly his fault. Glad I didn't go and waste my time my kids time and my money on that.

Ouch Sounds like an expensive day out !!? Villa fans attending today have again been really mugged off

Yep spent a fortune today, also came on here and read your posts. What a shit day.

£46 ticket, £20 travel (if driving) and whatever amount on a programme, bets, food and pints would think a day out costing about £95+ #ouch 

Either way, it will get better. I think this team has a lot of talent, and this second season syndrome and new to this league syndrome will eventually go next season and we will see the real Villa challenging for top 6.

:crylaugh:

Either way, it will get better. I think this team has a lot of talent, and this second season syndrome and new to this league syndrome will eventually go next season and we will see the real Villa challenging for top 6.

:crylaugh:

LMFAO 

• Like 1

Â