Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

Bennett should keep his place

Not for me.

He did well against CHelsea, but this will be a much more physical affair with a lot more high balls.

I'd be more confident with Bertrand back for that.

If we're goin for height we should play Clark at LB then

I would play the same first xi as Saturday with Bertrand in for Bennett. Joe had a good game but I think Ryan suits the Stoke game more.

Agreed. I think so long as everone is fit, the villa team more or less picks itself (the vs. Chelsea team but with Betrand) with the exception of whether Baker or Clark plays along side Vlaar. These are clearly our best players and we don't really have any depth to pick and change.

Bennett should keep his place

Not for me.

He did well against CHelsea, but this will be a much more physical affair with a lot more high balls.

I'd be more confident with Bertrand back for that.

If we're goin for height we should play Clark at LB then

I didn't say anything about height (of the players).

Stoke seem to have a new style now by all accounts before the weekend along with West Sam they scored the least amount of headers.

I'd start with Bertrand because he's the better player I don't think it'll knock Bennett's confidence or anything

Stoke have only won one game on the road in the league (it was vs. West Ham, all the way back in August). In fact they have picked up only 4 points away from home all season. I don't want to be overconfident, three home wins on the bounce is clearly not something we have managed in a long time. But now's a good time to start.

EDIT: my mistake, they've got 7 points away from home - 1 win and 4 draws.

Edited by heid3ster

That's been my thing of why villa weren't going to go down, they had several second half home games against horrible traveling sides... Hull, west ham, norwich, stoke. The west ham game was poor, yes, but there are points to be had from hull and stoke.

That's been my thing of why villa weren't going to go down, they had several second half home games against horrible traveling sides... Hull, west ham, norwich, stoke. The west ham game was poor, yes, but there are points to be had from hull and stoke.

Add Fulham to that too.

Didnt realise we were live on Sky again for this one on Super Sunday. Last 5 games all been televised.

man utd live on TV the week after too. That will be 6 live TV games in a row and 9 out of 12 so far in 2014.

Quite staggering really, I have never known us be on the TV so much!

Didnt realise we were live on Sky again for this one on Super Sunday. Last 5 games all been televised.

man utd live on TV the week after too. That will be 6 live TV games in a row and 9 out of 12 so far in 2014.

Quite staggering really, I have never known us be on the TV so much!

Keep playing how we have and there might just be a few youngsters out there who chose Villa rather than City/Chelsea like i did when i was young. It was only a coincidence we were title challengers back then in 91 lol

-----------Guzan----------

Bacuna-Baker-Vlaar-Bertrand

---------------Westwood----------

-----------KEA--------Delph--------

Albrighton-------------------Gabby

---------------Benteke-----------------

• Both sides will come into the game in confident mood after impressive wins last time out, though Stoke's away record is dismal, winning just once away from the Britannia Stadium all season. - From the website WhoScored.com

I really hope this continues, another Villa win would be fantastic!