• Good
    • Very Good
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

Before yesterdays game you felt like the fans were up for it and we played a huge part yesterday. Let's not get to excited but I really hope next season we can turn into a good team. Their are times this season when we have been brilliant but also times when we have been absolute dog shit. Paul lamberts name got sang loud and clear yesterday so its obvious he has got the fans(just). The end of the game the players and manager got cheered like heroes and it was great to be apart of. Obviously the effort from the team needs to be their a lot more than it has been this season but I think the fans proved yesterday how much strengh we can give the team. Villa park on to many occasions is like a morgue but it don't have to be like that.

Many were shot down in the Lambert thread for saying the fans don't help. Apparently we were being the fans for the results, which wasn't the case. Yesterday showed what the fans can do. I believe that we Gabe the team a little boost to make them believe they could win. I just wish the fans were more like that.

Great result! And I missed it, of course. Games missed this season: citeh and chelsea at home. And a few more due to work, but those I've missed. Typical. Seen the incidents now, and their goal was rightly called off. Definitely handball there. The first red is a joke of a decision, but for once it worked in our favour against them. And I think they have a cause to call for a red on Bennett, there, but then again I've seen more clear red cards for a foul in a goal scoring opportunity not given.

All in all glad for the win, overly happy, and also happy to see that almost everyone here who saw the game says that we were good and deserved it. Not like against citeh when many said we were just lucky. Very happy about that too.

Great goal by Delph. And from the few parts I've seen he looked great during the whole game.

Ramires... Well, I hope he gets more than the 3 game ban that normally comes from a straight red.

Now, let's just beat stoke next Sunday.

UTV!!

• Like 1

Wowzers... get in...

MOTM - Delph, though honorable mentions for Baker and Bennett - the latter having arguably his finest game for us so far.

Lambert's tactics - good... I'm no tactician, but something worked and I give credit where it's due there. We did play some nice football, we did play some long balls and we achieve a fantastic result.

Refereeing - good. Look, given his positioning, I couldn't have blamed the referee for not giving Chelsea that goal.. On first glance, even I thought it was a goal... The ref saw something I didn't and I am surprised, that with Chelsea being a 'world class club' that the attacker wasn't given the benefit of the doubt. I wouldn't have given Bennett a red card - the ball was going sideways, and there was actually a small posse of players there. A soft 2nd yellow for Willian I have to concur... But on totting up, deserved to go. Ramires - no place in football for tackles like that. I'd have sent the rest of the Chelsea players off just for that... Kind of why I am not a referee.

A fabulous win Villa... Great job Paul and the players. You need to do it more often though... There is still some bitterness on my behalf towards the Club for the Villa Park form over the last two seasons in general... But more days like Saturday, and I can buy into the dream again maybe. Back to back Villa Park wins for the first time in 3 years... Back to back Sky wins too... Things are looking up... Missing out on that game up at Etihad has been good for us.

But, I'm not giving anyone any grief on the face of what I saw against Chelsea... Excellent stuff. Up the Villa...

ITKish - My mate was out having a Sunday lunch drinky at a pub, somewhere in the West Midlands conurbation. Weimann and Clark were out celebrating yesterday too, at the same pub. Rightly so, Weimann was very merry indeed. I won't put here what my friend's actual words were for fear of starting a club investigation... But it wasn't a quenelle or anything like that... Sod it... he was pissed as a wheel!!! Get in son... :D

If we can finish 9/10th as opposed to 14/15th what's that ? About another £12m in prize money ? Surely that would go into Lamberts transfer pot and we'd have a good lucking budget for the summer .

An extra £12M?!? Have a day off mate, I think it's roughly an extra £0.5M per position isn't it? So more like £2-3M which isn't to be sniffed at to be fair.

Can buy another two Tonev's with that ;)

Easily the most complete performance of the season. It wasn't a fluke like City at home, this was a 90 minute performance for the first time in ages. Guzan hardly had a save to make and we looked tough to beat.

Delph was brilliant and his goal was class but I thought every player was 8/10 or better. Special mention for Bennett though. Can't have been easy coming back into the team after such a long layoff and he kept one of the in-form players in the league quiet.

Just wish we had more games like this every season. Would definitely make renewing a no-brainer!

The whole team played well, 2 home wins on the trot!!!!

Really pleased that the club are heading towards safety but I'm not getting carried away yet nor do I trust Lambert and co.

A great goal by the MOM and just watching the Holte End erupt when it went in was awesome.

Delph MOTM for me but there could've been a few of them to get it...Vlaar was a rock once again, Bennett was very assured, Baker was very steady, Westwood dictated play, and Benteke looked dangerous.

I would like us to drop Weimann though, his first touch is quite poor and he seems to have very poor vision when he is running with the ball and often makes bad decisions. I'd like to see Albrighton play instead.

You should all thank me I suppose. The first game in a long time I wasn't able to watch and as it was Chelsea it didn't bother me that much. Going to have to download it and watch it.

Â