• Good
    • Very Good
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Poor
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Very Good

Voted for Vlaar as man of the match, a beast as ever. Delph had an outstanding second half but struggled to impact on the first despite a solid performance for us overall. That was a real moment of genius mind, he has developed into a fine player.  

Bennett had a really good game too, he may well deserve to keep his spot. Westwood and KEA equally so. Benteke looked near as damn it back to his best today, he just didn't get much coming to him by the way of real chances but he looked likely all game. 

Gabby was disappointing and Bacuna despite his efforts going forward (which were excellent for the main part) looked lost defensively. Not for the first time of course.

All in all, delighted with the display. A decent game of football in which we matched the champions elect in every single department and fully deserved the three points.  

what a performance. my man of the match would of been us, the fans. we were relentless in getting behind the team and pushing the players on. that's how it needs to be more often. thought the whole team done great yesterday. proud to be a villa fan

• Like 1

To think, people wanted Lambert sacked two months ago. Pathetic.

Great result, definitely progress on last season is evident.

UTV

I can see where you are trying to come from here, but let's not let 2 (massive) wins cloud what was a pretty terrible run previously.

I'm really pleased things have clicked the last 2 games, but I'm still concerned at the lack of consistency up until the Norwich game.

If we'd been more consistent, we'd be much closer the Southampton and Newcastle.

Don't get me wrong here, excellent result again, the boys really have earned their crust these last2 games, and Lambert's tactics have been spot on, I just don't think it's really the right time to start with the 'told you so' attitude just yet...

• Like 1

One thing that seems to have gone unnoticed was Lamberts tactics yesterday, spot on!

Chelsea never really threatened.

Mouriniho was out thought for all but 10 minutes after half time.

Magnificent job all!

• Like 1

Oh and the red cards? First we've had players booked for that all season. Chelsea dived all afternoon and even handled the ball in the box for their disallowed goal. So **** off Mourinho whining about that. Still doesn't balance out our mugging at Stamford Bridge earlier in the season.

Second definite red, clear as day red card, Ramires went in nastily with the intent of stamping on KEA and doing him harm.

On that note I'm off to watch Delph's goal on a loop for hours.

Edited by theunderstudy

To send Bennett off he needed to be last man - he wasn't vlaar was alongside him or he needed to deny a CLEAR goal scoring opportunity - he didn't, unless you count being 25 yards outside the box as one. Yellow was the right decision

The problem with motd is they don't debate the the opinions, shearer states it as fact and Lineker and the other one just agree with it, fair enough if shearer thinks its a red, but he didn't say why it was a red, the big tit.

• Like 2

Â