Carl Jenkinson

Villan4Life

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-rumour-mill-young-6795914

Aston Villa are being linked with a move for Arsenal right-back Carl Jenkinson according to Football Direct News.
The 22-year-old defender is on the fringes of the Arsenal first-team but has yet to establish himself at The Emirates.

It promises to be another busy summer of rebuilding for Paul Lambert and the youngster could fit the bill.

Football Direct News quotes a 'Villa Park insider' as stating: "We're keeping an eye on Jenkinson's situation at Arsenal, the manager's a fan of his, and if Arsenal are willing to let him go something could happen there, though what happens with Sagna will obviously play a part as well."

Really? He's been crap every time I've watched him. I'm surprised he's still at Arsenal to be honest. Hopefully he remains there as I wouldn't want him here.

• Like 1

He's a solid player, but he won't leave the team he supports to potentially not start for us. Plus Sagna is pretty likely to be leaving on a free in the summer so I doubt that Wenger would want to have to search out two right backs in the transfer window.

He's a solid player, but he won't leave the team he supports to potentially not start for us. Plus Sagna is pretty likely to be leaving on a free in the summer so I doubt that Wenger would want to have to search out two right backs in the transfer window.

This exactly. Sagna may stay for one more year, but Jenkinson is his replacement. There is truly a 0% chance of this happening. Might as well lock the thread. 

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-rumour-mill-young-6795914

It promises to be another busy summer of rebuilding for Paul Lambert and the youngster could fit the bill.

Football Direct News quotes a 'Villa Park insider' as stating:

I stopped reading at that point... Possible ruse to generate excitement to lure early season ticket cash out of fans.

Locketts anyone?

I stopped reading at that point... Possible ruse to generate excitement to lure early season ticket cash out of fans.

Locketts anyone?

I doubt the Villa staff think Jenkinson rumours are going to cause fans to rush out and buy season tickets. 

He would be a good signing though, a similar one to the Bertrand signing, and if Lambert is having problems with Lowton it would make sense to get him in to compete for the spot with Bacuna. 

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 1

Locketts anyone?

I doubt the Villa staff think Jenkinson rumours are going to cause fans to rush out and buy season tickets.

He would be a good signing though, a similar one to the Bertrand signing, and if Lambert is having problems with Lowton it would make sense to get him in to compete for the spot with Bacuna.

This!

No chance Jenkinson is a replacement for Sagna, he's not good enough to be a regular for Arsenal.

Has the feeling of a years loan to me (if we're even interested) but would imagine Lowton will leave in the summer so we'll be in for another RB.

Locketts anyone?

I've seen little of the player in question to give an opinion as to whether this would be a good signing or not, or a possible signing or not.

My point really was that the article has been laced with a 'quote' from an alleged insider at the football club. If this insider is telling the interviewer about a 'possible' target, I am also suspicious that the statement claiming that it 'promises to be another busy summer etc' has been added as a tag line from the club to generate early sales. The promise of a busy summer. Someone will fall for it.

Because of the Bertrand thing, this could all be made up lazy link bullshit anyway looking at the source... a 3rd party newspaper quoting a 2nd party article quoting a 1st party club insider... Has got Fu King Wong whispers all over it.

It's all smoke and mirrors... Lockett...

It promises to be a very busy summer down Villa Park... get your tickets now.

Â