Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Anyone remember that guy that played for Malaga in the friendly at villa park earlier in the season? Attacking midfielder, I think he was bald, or had white/blonde hair. He was quality.

Anyone remember that guy that played for Malaga in the friendly at villa park earlier in the season? Attacking midfielder, I think he was bald, or had white/blonde hair. He was quality.

Pawlowski?

Yea that was Pawlowski, he's barely played for Malaga but they do have the option to buy him. He'd probably go for peanuts too, small club in poland would probably leap at the chance to get 1-2m quid. I think everyone who watched villa that day was more impressed with him than anyone else barring probably Benteke.

• Like 1

I have a feeling this takeover will happen fairly sharply and we will do some decent business.

Caulker, Richards, Bertrand, Hernandez, Milner and Rodwell

-------------Guzan------------

Richards--Caulkar-Vlaar-Bertrand

-------------Rodwell-----------

----Westwood---Delph-------

------------Milner-------------

---Hernandez---Benteke-----

So yeah basically my footballing knowledge goes no further than the Prem now I don't play FM any more

Pawlowski?

Yes, he was superb

• Like 1

I have a feeling this takeover will happen fairly sharply and we will do some decent business.

So yeah basically my footballing knowledge goes no further than the Prem now I don't play FM any more

No width in that team

It's either Milner or Delph in the box to box role. None of them are a number 10.

had a proper look on there, hard to know who is just a big name, not sure id take any from england, lots of older players on big wages, jumping out at me are - 

menez, diego, mario gaspar, mariga, murru (FM superstar) marcellis, manuel fernandes, caner erkin, hunt, rincon, annan

I reckon if Lambert was staying he'd might be interested in Pilkington and Whittingham who we've previously been linked with, I think. That Aaron Hunt is meant to be good.  A lot of them will probably stay on at their club.

I agree Pawlowski looked a great prospect pre-season and he has to be worth looking at (we might even be able to afford him if we do not get that change of owner we are anticipating) ;).   

• Like 1

Seeing on Twitter that we're being linked with a move for M'Bia, would be a very good signing IMO. I know it didn't work out for him at QPR but he's a great player when he's on his game, I think they just tried too much at once.

Edited by samjp26

Some interesting names available for free at the end of season.

Includes quite a few of our old players too.

Could build a decent short term there, particularly a promoted side. You could go for:

----------------Jääskeläinen----------------

Sagna--------Terry-----Lescott----------Evra

--------------Gardner---Diame-------------

-----------------Lampard------------------

Albrighton-----------------------------------Whittingham

----------------------------Etoo-----------------------------

Subs:

Fabianski

Hibbert

Boyata

Colback

Larsson

McCartney

Bendtner

Res:

Gomez

Riise

Brunt

Gardner

Wilson

Chamakh

Gosling

Bellamy

You'd get top 10 with that lot

• Like 1

Pretty much all of the top 10 results in Germany would be useful for us, but especially Aaron Hunt. 

From England, Larsson, Pilkington and Wilson would clearly improve us. If Palace truly don't get Speroni to resign a contract, then he would make an excellent backup for a couple of years while Steer went off and played some first team football, 'cos I'm really not convinced about him yet.