Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

MK Dons boss has said he'd like to sign Carrurthers on a permanent deal.

http://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/sport/mk-dons/carruthers-on-the-verge-of-dons-return-1-6219187

Also, Tom Adayemi from the bloose has handed in a transfer request. He was young player of the year for them last season. We were linked with him before and he only joined bloose last Summer from Norwich on a free transfer but his deal only runs til next Summer so he should be cheap.  He was at Norwich when Lambert was there so he will know all about him.  

Heres a nice link from bloose youtube channel haha I'll probably get banned for posting it :P

Edited by Bunnski

MK Dons boss has said he'd like to sign Carrurthers on a permanent deal.

http://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/sport/mk-dons/carruthers-on-the-verge-of-dons-return-1-6219187

Also, Tom Adayemi from the bloose has handed in a transfer request. He was young player of the year for them last season. We were linked with him before and he only joined bloose last Summer from Norwich on a free transfer but his deal only runs til next Summer so he should be cheap. He was at Norwich when Lambert was there so he will know all about him.

Heres a nice link from bloose youtube channel haha I'll probably get banned for posting it :P

no loss to the club like so makes no difference

One midfielder of real quality and influence would make a huge difference to this team. Someone with presence who can also pass and make decent decisions. They may cost a few million but if we're OK with injuries I think the squad should have enough elsewhere to get us over the line and hopefully, next summer, we'll have a new owner and some fresh impetus. 

One key signing Randy, c'mon, it could make all the difference. 

We have had only 2 of those in the past 15 years in Merson and Solano. Passing and Villa don't go together very well. Like fire and ice. And Lambert is the lukewarm water in the middle.

Matt Law writes in the Telegraph that Randy will release £10m for new players. Lambert wants to get in three new players before the start of the new season. Ki, Sinclair and Moses?

Really hope this gets stretched a bit and we stay away from Moses and Sinclair.  Either way, though, funds are needed.

The price for Sinclair has been rumuored to be £3m, he would be worth taking a gamble on at that price imo, unlike our other cheap gambles he has Premiership experience and if he could reach the standards of his season with Swansea then he could turn out to be a bargain.  KSY and Sinclair for a combined £6m would be good business if we could get it done.

• Like 1

Matt Law writes in the Telegraph that Randy will release £10m for new players. Lambert wants to get in three new players before the start of the new season. Ki, Sinclair and Moses?

Yes please. Article says at least 3 so we'll see. However, if we bring in Ki, Moses and Sinclair I'll be happy. Swap one of Moses or Sinclair for a DM and I'll be ecstatic.

I'm wondering what's going on at Left back. RIchardson doesn't seem to being used their during pre-season and Luna out on loan that leaves Bennett and Stevens. If we had any chance of getting Danny Rose on loan.

I'm wondering what's going on at Left back. RIchardson doesn't seem to being used their during pre-season and Luna out on loan that leaves Bennett and Stevens. If we had any chance of getting Danny Rose on loan.

5-3-2 bitches.

Edit:  Orrrr.... 3-2-2-1-2 for the purists ;)

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1

Rose just signed a new 5 year contract at Spurs
  • Like 1

£10m - how very generous! Although it is better than nothing I suppose.

For me, 3 positions need a first team player in -

LB - we're currently deploying any of Clark, Enda Stevens or Joe Bennett there. Hopefully 4th time lucky for PL picking one!

DM - We don't really have one at the club and it would really help Delph and Westwood in midfield

AM - Apart from CNZ and Grealish (who'll be playing his first season in the first team) we have no one but strikers to play out wide.

Have no idea about a new LB

DM - wouldn't mind us going in for Sergi Darder or Ki

AM - Atsu on loan looks promising, Sinclair an option too (if rumours are to be believed) but wouldn't mind us going for Lestienne.

The price for Sinclair has been rumuored to be £3m, he would be worth taking a gamble on at that price imo, unlike our other cheap gambles he has Premiership experience and if he could reach the standards of his season with Swansea then he could turn out to be a bargain.  KSY and Sinclair for a combined £6m would be good business if we could get it done.

If he had any interest in playing football he wouldn't have gone to City for a wage.

Speaking to a lot of people in the WBA area, he is by all accounts a massive knob.

LB - we're currently deploying any of Clark, Enda Stevens or Joe Bennett there. Hopefully 4th time lucky for PL picking one!

DM - We don't really have one at the club and it would really help Delph and Westwood in midfield

AM - Apart from CNZ and Grealish (who'll be playing his first season in the first team) we have no one but strikers to play out wide.

Have no idea about a new LB

DM - wouldn't mind us going in for Sergi Darder or Ki

AM - Atsu on loan looks promising, Sinclair an option too (if rumours are to be believed) but wouldn't mind us going for Lestienne.

Ki is not really a DM though, is he?

If he had any interest in playing football he wouldn't have gone to City for a wage.

Speaking to a lot of people in the WBA area, he is by all accounts a massive knob.

Yeah I've heard them rumours but there has been plenty of great football players that have been massive knobs.  Compare taking a gamble on him for 3m or Tonev for 3m, I know who I would spend the money on although Sinclair would probably be looking for a hell of alot more in wages than Tonev.

agree at LB & DM. as for wide/attacking midfield options, we've actually got quite a lot: N'Zogbia, Cole, Grealish, Richardson, Agbonlahor, Bacuna, Weimann, Tonev. not saying all these are great and perhaps none are natural wingers but Lambert doesn't tend to play natural wingers often (hence Albrighton was only used a limited amount and not kept). I think if Tonev goes we should get someone else for that role.