Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Someone on TBAR called 'PDC' seems to think that Ki was at Bodymoor Heath. As I say i think he'd be a good signing but I'd be surprised if Swansea let him go from what I'd read it was Laudrup who didin't like him.

Also I still think we'd need another midfielder because if teams are walking through your midfiled I don't think Ki is the man to rectify that problem

Anybody think we are signing players with one eye on challenging for promotion the season after this one?

#bringbackpositiverichard
bring back an owner that actually cares about the club and you'll see the return of positive richard
  • Like 2

Anybody think we are signing players with one eye on challenging for promotion the season after this one?

#bringbackpositiverichard
bring back an owner that actually cares about the club and you'll see the return of positive richard

For a Tory, you're a top bloke.

• Like 1

A fully fit squad is capable of finishing safely mid table, the signings are trying to improve the squad with the ridiculous limitations placed upon us by Lerner. It feels like transition signings to try and get a more experienced squad together for when the club is eventually sold.

The Sun says Jack Rodwell is linked with 9 clubs, do you think we could possibly get him at Villa, on loan maybe?

Don't forget he was a Defensive Midfielder to begin with at Everton...

I have a dark horse feeling about us next season, all the kids are a year older and a season more experienced. 

Up the Villa!

The Sun says Jack Rodwell is linked with 9 clubs, do you think we could possibly get him at Villa, on loan maybe?

I have a dark horse feeling about us next season, all the kids are a year older and a season more experienced. 

Up the Villa!

I fear that horse is more likely to be put down looking at the team Lambert will be limping to the barn with

• Like 1

sne = I got in my car, the Mrs. had left one of those Positive Thinking CDs playing.

The guy that tricked my Mrs. to pay >$20 of my money to buy his CD, told me "You get what you look for"...

Maybe we can get him to buy us?

We aren't That bad, and Lambert isn't That bad...  Its easy to be negative, and sadly that is contagious!

I'm from the Left Side, so I'll Keep the Lion's Flag flying high. 

Up the Villa!

I fear that horse is more likely to be put down looking at the team Lambert will be limping to the barn with

Lambert states we should be signing players like Holtby, Lescott and Hernandez.

we then sign Senderos, Cole and Richardson

Senderos: 4/10 - Might strengthen us from set pieces and has some good experience, but is very slow and unreliable, would need to operate next to a defender with a lot of pace and smarts

Cole: 4/10 - The ultimate midfield jobber whose had about three decent games in five years, didn't cut it at Liverpool or at West Ham so not sure what he'll offer us. That's said he has the talent and experience so if given a decent run without injury he could prove a gamble that pays off, unlikely but lets hope.

Richardson 6/10 - He's a midfielder I rated 3 or 4 years ago, seen him have a few good games over the years but not sure how good he was last year. If he can play well again under Keane then certainly he's someone who is worth the gamble.

He's 29, is already injury-prone, is only going to get worse and has no sell-on value. Given our situation, I somehow think any resources put towards a deal for him could be used much, much better.

Senderos: 4/10 - Might strengthen us from set pieces and has some good experience, but is very slow and unreliable, would need to operate next to a defender with a lot of pace and smarts.

Which therefore means his lauded 'experience' counts for nothing whatsoever.

Harsh ratings VillanousOne, I would say: Senderos 5/10. Underwhelming, but could be a better backup than Baker and Clark. Cole 6/10. Not the player he was, but on a free, if he can play 15-20 games and get a few assists/goals, he'll have been worth the punt. Richardson 7/10. He's not the most exciting player, but he's proven Premier League quality, still 29 and is better than what we have in many of the positions that he can play.