Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Take this with a pinch of salt, but it does come from an associate in Liverpool who rarely tells me stuff, but what he does tell me normally comes close to the truth.

Apparently Gareth Barry will turn down a three year contract at Everton in favour of a 4 year contract at the Villa, with Everton supposedly offering £75k per week.

Doesn't sound like the new Villa to me, but who knows?

I hope were not offering anything near to that, dontg get me wrong i like Barry, but hes what? 33 years old? Would be mental to sign him for that long on anything near 75k

Take this with a pinch of salt, but it does come from an associate in Liverpool who rarely tells me stuff, but what he does tell me normally comes close to the truth.

Apparently Gareth Barry will turn down a three year contract at Everton in favour of a 4 year contract at the Villa, with Everton supposedly offering £75k per week.

Would definitely add quality and experience to our midfield but 4 yrs is long for someone of his age (even though he has never relied on pace). Will be interesting to see how this pans out.

Edited by mikeyp102

I hope were not offering anything near to that, dontg get me wrong i like Barry, but hes what? 33 years old? Would be mental to sign him for that long on anything near 75k

Player / Team coach? I'd take that.

Maybe a shout, if he was willing to take a pay cut to finish his career at Villa then maybe it could be true.

Someone here mentioned Mbia earlier.  I didn't realise he was on loan at Sevilla from Q.P.R. (lol at that in itself) but he was quality against Porto last night.

I'd assume he'd demand high wages and, to be honest, would probably go to a bigger club.  Would anyone be keen though?  Seems to be one of the two kinds of midfielder we're lacking.

Someone here mentioned Mbia earlier.  I didn't realise he was on loan at Sevilla from Q.P.R. (lol at that in itself) but he was quality against Porto last night.

I'd assume he'd demand high wages and, to be honest, would probably go to a bigger club.  Would anyone be keen though?  Seems to be one of the two kinds of midfielder we're lacking.

Before he joined QPR I said I would have liked him here and I was shocked when he joined them. Obviously we can't be sure as to how much he is on, but I can't imagine Sevilla are paying much at all to take him on loan as they simply can't afford it. 

Would be a good signing, but probably not likely as I still think he must be earning £50k+ which is just a no go for us at the minute, unfortunately. 

Somebody mentioned him leaving QPR on a free this summer

Barry never relied on pace (or his lack of it!) so he can still do a job for a few more years.

I would be ecstatic to see him in a Villa shirt again, probably just some nostalgia.

• Like 1

That doesnt sound bad at all actually..

• Like 2

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but for me the most important signing we can make this summer is a new manager.

In the best of worlds this will be made by a new owner

Wouldn't question that your source may have heard that.

But it could be Barry's people simply angling after a better deal at Everton and throwing our name around. 

Good or very good? :D

I don't think he is fat and I don't care that he lacks pace.

But he is probably going to be slower again in a couple of years and therefore be more limited.

A 4 year deal is just stupid 2 with an option of another is what he deserves.

• Like 1