How would Aston Villa cope with Championship Football?

Tayls

It's got to be considered, Surely?

Not the greatest of topics but I very much doubt I am the only fan out there thinking along these lines? In fact, whilst we are playing as poorly as we are it is the only thing I can think about. We lack fight and desire to achieve anything. It's woeful.

So, how would we cope? Obviously we would lose a player or two. Doubt we could keep hold of some of the good ones like QPR have. Or send them on loan for a season whilst they wait for us to get promoted.

We would lose god knows how many millions in TV money. Would also lose a couple of accolades such as being one of the founding members of the Prem League to have not been relegated etc etc.....errrr, what else??

So would we keep Lambert in charge having been down there before and experiencing it first hand? Or we would we bring in somebody else. Like Owen Coyle or someone along those lines?

I would like to think we would be an attractive proposition for any lower league players to come and join us. Might help us to attract the players to allow us to win the league/gain promotion?

I think we'd really struggle in the championship with our powder-puff team and I don't think we'd get back to the premier league for a number of years. The way the club is being run would mean we'd be stuck there for a very long time. Relegation would be an absolute disaster but its very possible under our shambolic owner and useless manager.

with the squad we have now and the style of football we play id like to think we would be going for automatic promotion but players would leave if we went down and it would weaken our already weak squad, so in all fairness and respect to that division we could find it tough to bounce straight back. be some great away days though

I'm sure we would keep Lambert because I suspect it's always been part of the "project" that we may go down into the Championship while carrying out these extreme cost-cutting measures. Lerner probably believes Lambert could get us back up but he (Lerner) may well have little clue about how hard that is.

Reckon it could take up to 3 or 4 seasons to get back.

See one of these threads every season now and every season we survived up to now. How long until our luck runs out? Personally I think we would hover in and around the playoff places with a food chance of making it through for promotion.

Impossible to predict what could happen if we go down, to many variables, would Lambert still be in the job? Id put nothing past Lerner keeping him on, and how many managers get relegated and bring the team back up straight away? I can't think of any

The squad would be ripped up again, Vlaar, Benteke would be gone, we would be left with the same shite we have now, making massive changes is a way of going down again

Relegation would be devastating to us, it would take us years to adjust. Doesn't bare thinking about

Â