The Boring Thread

Spoony

I used to hate drying my hair when it was long, it was literally down to the bottom of my back, then I went bald and shaved it off, I wouldn't want long hair again.

I'm trying to decide weather to have a Tennessee burger or Chish and fips, I may let the good people of VT decide my fate

The Most Boring Books Ever

Back in 1950, Columbia University Press polled hundreds of editors, writers, booksellers, librarians, literary critics, and general readers in order to produce a list of the 10 most boring books among the great classics. The winners were:

1. Pilgrim's Progress, Bunyan
  2. Faust, Goethe
  3. Don Quixote, Cervantes
  4. Ivanhoe, Scott
  5. Silas Marner, Eliot
  6. Pamela, Richardson
  7. Life of Samuel Johnson, Boswell
  8. Faerie Queene, Spenser
  9. Paradise Lost, Milton
  10. Moby Dick, Melville
Such lists are always entirely subjective. For instance, I would question how anyone could produce such a list and not include anything from French literature. Take Remembrance of Things Past. That has to be up there among the great snoozers of all time.

Link

Of those I've only read (fully) four of them - Don Quixote, Life of Dr. Johnson, Moby Dick, and the Proust. 

I loved all of them, not boring at all. 

Edited by mjmooney

The Most Boring Books Ever

Back in 1950, Columbia University Press polled hundreds of editors, writers, booksellers, librarians, literary critics, and general readers in order to produce a list of the 10 most boring books among the great classics. The winners were:

• Pilgrim's Progress, Bunyan
  • Faust, Goethe
  • Don Quixote, Cervantes
  • Ivanhoe, Scott
  • Silas Marner, Eliot
  • Pamela, Richardson
  • Life of Samuel Johnson, Boswell
  • Faerie Queene, Spenser
  • Paradise Lost, Milton
  • Moby Dick, Melville
Such lists are always entirely subjective. For instance, I would question how anyone could produce such a list and not include anything from French literature. Take Remembrance of Things Past. That has to be up there among the great snoozers of all time.

Link

Of those I've only read (fully) four of them - Don Quixote, Life of Dr. Johnson, Moby Dick, and the Proust.

I loved all of them, not boring at all.

Please tell me number 4 is Heskey's biography :)

Edited by tonyh29

I thougth i'd flip the script and carrier my shopping home in my weaker left hand earlier today, I wondered if anybody would notice this act of bravado I had to tell myself 'don't be stupid Useless no one's bothered'.

Â