The Boring Thread

Spoony

Just got back from some errands. I returned a pair of winter boots that I bought in November and already are falling apart. Then I drove to a grocery store. Then I went to another grocery store so I could buy cheap cheese and lottery tickets. Then I went to the package store next door and both a 6 pack of Clausthaler. Then I went to the pharmacy to pick up my cholesterol and blood pressure meds. Then I came home, took out the trash and did the laundry. Here I am now.

Just got back from some errands. I returned a pair of winter boots that I bought in November and already are falling apart. Then I drove to a grocery store. Then I went to another grocery store so I could buy cheap cheese and lottery tickets. Then I went to the package store next door and both a 6 pack of Clausthaler. Then I went to the pharmacy to pick up my cholesterol and blood pressure meds. Then I came home, took out the trash and did the laundry. Here I am now.

That's good. The use of repetition really adds to the dullness. 

• Like 1

That's good. The use of repetition really adds to the dullness. 

I like how in the same trip he buys 'cheap cheese' and then goes to pick up his Cholesterol and Blood Pressure medication.

I didn't think I had 20p for the drinks machine but then I found 20p in my pocket.

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to mention the coins you can use. You can use 5p, 10p or 20p. All the drinks are 20p.

I find it funny that the machine next to it, which sells crisps and chocolate ranging from between 50p and £1, also accepts 1p and 2p coins. You'd think they'd be accepted in the machine that sells the cheaper product, wouldn't you?

#life

Edited by Paddywhack
  • Like 1

Don't like Chilli. Don't see anything in eating something that just burns and doesn't taste particularly good either.

See, that's exactly how I feel about curry. But not chilli. Funnily enough I've just eaten some (reheated). 

It is possible to have extremely hot yet incredibly tasty curries.  

Edited by Wainy316

I didn't think I had 20p for the drinks machine but then I found 20p in my pocket.

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to mention the coins you can use. You can use 5p, 10p or 20p. All the drinks are 20p.

I find it funny that the machine next to it, which sells crisps and chocolate ranging from between 50p and £1, also accepts 1p and 2p coins. You'd think they'd be accepted in the machine that sells the cheaper product, wouldn't you?

#life

First world problems brother.

I have to put more money on my Oyster card today. I hope there isn't a queue.

I just scanned myself in at Stoke Newington station under the assumption I would be using my zones 1-2 travel pass. When I saw £8.30 flash up it dawned on me my travel pass had ran out and that I'd be eating into my PAYG allowance for this journey.

I'll probably not buy a travel card today as I'm only travelling to Stratford and back. Which is, in case you don't know this, in zone 3, so it would hit my PAYG balance anyway. Off peak the journey should come to less than £7.

The business pays for all of my travel. I own 50% of the business so it's still my money, but my accountant will so something fancy with the expenses so at most I'm losing pennies.

I'll not stress about it.

Don't like Chilli. Don't see anything in eating something that just burns and doesn't taste particularly good either.

See, that's exactly how I feel about curry. But not chilli. Funnily enough I've just eaten some (reheated). 

It is possible to have extremely hot yet incredibly tasty curries.  

Indeed. I've been making them for 25 years.

Now I could reel off all my curry making knowledge...THAT would be boring.

Â