The Boring Thread

Spoony

• 3 weeks later...

Me and the Mrs have just tried to relocate an oaktree sapling which was growing in our border but the roots were already too deep so we had to lop it instead 

58 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Me and the Mrs have just tried to relocate an oaktree sapling which was growing in our border but the roots were already too deep so we had to lop it instead 

• Like 1

I like a 'firm' toothbrush, therefore that is the 'right' kind of toothbrush.  None of your 'medium' nonsense.  But there's firm and then there's firm.  My recent purchase is much closer to 'wirebrush' and borderline unusable.  I may need to buy a new toothbrush.

• Like 1

I was gifted an electric toothbrush for Christmas from my mother in law.

There are pros and cons of owning an electric toothbrush, but overall, I think I preferred using a manual one. Call me old fashioned.

My electric toothbrush has a special clock which tells me when to switch area in my mouth. The normal cycle is 30seconds each jaw ( upper lower left, upper lower right) 45 seconds for a deep clean setting. A 8 hour charge gives me 10 days use.

• Like 1

All the shit that comes with moving house is boring.

You've accepted my offer, here's my money - gimme the keys you silly monkeys!

(it's a tree house)

(it's not really a tree house)

(I've gone bananas)

My thoughts on shoelaces are as follows:

Round shoelaces are quite bothersome. They're either made of some kind of synthetic material which means they will come undone every 5 minutes, or they're made of a nice cotton-type material, which means they will wear out and break quite quickly. By law shoelaces should therefore be of the flat profile type.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, blandy said:

My thoughts on shoelaces are as follows:

Round shoelaces are quite bothersome. They're either made of some kind of synthetic material which means they will come undone every 5 minutes, or they're made of a nice cotton-type material, which means they will wear out and break quite quickly. By law shoelaces should therefore be of the flat profile type.

I'm a slip-on fan.  Can't be having with all that tying malarkey.  I have places to be and people to see, but I agree with your observations :)

11 minutes ago, BOF said:

I'm a slip-on fan

Slip ons, eh?

Only one alarm clock

I'm beginning to build up a profile of a person here. The sort of chap who might live his life at something of a pace and who might own some of the latest "must have" technology to keep up. Things like a trouser press (in which one's ventilated slacks may be restored to creased perfection), an electric kettle an inside toilet and one of those new-fangled executive cars such as a Ford Cortina.

article-1259498-00A24D78000004B0-622_233

• Like 2

Creased perfection alright.  Presuming they fell onto the chairdrobe properly the night before and pass the sniff test (excessively self-ventilating trousers).  And oh to have such fabulous hair (on my head).

Â