The Boring Thread

Spoony

I've somehow managed to get what I can only imagine is a tiny splinter in my toe. I can't see it, but my toe has swollen and gone red, and it feels like I've got a blister, but it isn't. So it must be a splinter. And I can't do anything about it. It's quite annoying.

5 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I've somehow managed to get what I can only imagine is a tiny splinter in my toe. I can't see it, but my toe has swollen and gone red, and it feels like I've got a blister, but it isn't. So it must be a splinter. And I can't do anything about it. It's quite annoying.

Darius Vassel would know what to do.

5 hours ago, Xela said:

I haven't purchased lace up shoes or trainers in over ten years.

Slip ons or velcro for me

The shoe laces on my work shoes have actually just broken. I guess I'll just buy some new laces.

16 hours ago, sidcow said:

It's SO boring seeing Villa concede an equalizing goal in injury time and knowing full well they will go on to lose

I find it more amusing. 

I've just eaten 3 cherry bakewell tarts. I always take the cherry out as I don't like them. The cherry jam filling is fine though 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I've just eaten 3 cherry bakewell tarts. I always take the cherry out as I don't like them. The cherry jam filling is fine though 

We are exactly the opposite. 

Love cherries, hate cherry-flavoured things. Cherry jam sounds awful. 

My drive is a bit of a nightmare to get on at the best of times. It's difficult to reverse onto, and if anyone is parked near it, it's a true word removed. Yesterday this happened because my neighbour decides to use his drive as an open air workshop and leave his van and car right by the end of my drive. So I have to drive on forwards, which makes getting out again a bit annoying, reversing out onto a busy main road. There is an alternative though, there's room to spin the car around and reverse back on if you have to...

Today I decide it's a good idea to swing the car around, all of my family used to do it back in the day easy enough, how hard can it be? It's just a slightly complicated 3 point turn where your main obstacles are don't take the front of the house off and don't hit the wall of the drive. Easy. So I do this, get 1 and a half turns in, with some tentative manoeuvring and lots of watching front and rear wings don't do severe structural damage anywhere (the front garden however never stood a chance)... Then the car won't shift. It's like it's become beached. Shit I think. There is a bit of a drop as you back around... Hmm. Right. Use your brain, work the clutch, it nearly is getting back up just struggling for a bit of a grip on the wet gravel with the slight incline and slight drop in level between front and back. It'll be fine. Eventually with some effort get it done, ready to reverse nicely by the door all ready to go next time out no fuss, with the accompanying smell of mechanical things being very hot, but that's to be expected right, you're working the mechanicals hard. Pleased with a job well done, go to put the handbrake on... It's already on. Shit.

Edited by Chindie
Spelling
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Chindie said:

My drive is a bit of a nightmare to get on at the best of times. It's difficult to reverse onto, and if anyone is parked near it, it's a true word removed. Yesterday the happened because my neighbour decides to use his drive as an open air workshop and leave his van and car right by the end of my drive. So I have to drive on forwards, which makes getting out again a bit annoying, reversing out onto a busy main road. This an alternative though, there's room to spin the car around and reverse back on if you have to...

Today I decide it's a good idea to swing the car around, all of my family used to do it back in the day easy enough, how hard can it be? It's just a slightly complicated 3 point turn where your main obstacles are don't take the front of the house off and don't hit the wall of the drive. Easy. So I do this, get 1 and a half turns in, with some tentative manoeuvring and lots of watching funny and rear wings don't do severe structural damage anywhere (the funny garden however never stood a chance)... Then the car won't shift. It's like it's become beached. Shit I think. There is a bit of a drop as you back around... Hmm. Right. Use your brain, work the clutch, it nearly is getting back up just struggling for a bit of a grip on the wet gravel with the slight incline and slight drop in level between front and back. It'll be fine. Eventually with some effort get it done, ready to reverse nicely by the door all ready to go next time out no fuss, with the accompanying smell of mechanical things being very hot, but that's to be expected right, you're working the mechanicals hard. Pleased with a job well done, go to put the handbrake on... It's already on. Shit.

I drove about 100 metres with the handbrake on in my first driving test. Needless to say I failed :blush:

Â