The Boring Thread

Spoony

I like looking at pictures of Birmingham in days gone by. Like the city centre in the 60's or 70's and pictures old pubs and bars. Interesting innit? Its amazing how much things change over the years but you don't really notice it if you are in the middle of it. I started working in the city centre in 1997. The place has changed so much since then. I used to park on wasteground for £1 or £2 per day in an area I used to describe as the 'back of town'. Its now called Eastside! 

I never really appreciated brum. Then I moved abroad and more often than not nostalgia comes. I've got three beautiful pictures of New Street, Cooperation Street and City hall hanging on my wall and it just used to look beautiful.

I even have fond memories of the library. I used to love that place I was always there. Now it's gone I really miss it and the architecture (and the 1.99 baguette du monde meal deal down underneath)

*Alan partridge sigh*

• Like 2

20 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Years 0 to 18 in Birmingham.

Years 18 to 62 in Leeds.

Am I northern? Or am I a Brummie?

Yeah, I've lived up north (County Durham) longer than I lived in Brum now, so I'm not sure either. A lot of people up here still call me Brummie Dave though. I've still got my accent, but I have picked up a bit of a local twang.

• Like 1

On 05/05/2016 at 08:59, Phumfeinz said:

I got some expensive muesli, it tastes like cardboard and the fruit seeds keep getting stuck in my teeth. I don't think I'll get it again.

Update:

I got some of those chocolate Kelloggs clusters this time, they're a lot tastier.

• 2 weeks later...

I love salt as much as anyone but I always manage to put too much on my KFC chips (fries)

Those tiny sachets are deceiving.

Edited by Ryan.

• 4 months later...

In what was a clear act of defiance, today's lunchtime orange squirted a heroic amount of itself all over my work shirt and trousers as I split it in half.  Now that it's all dry I look filthy but smell lovely.

• Like 1

just went done Tesco to get a Pepsi Max and some biccies as I'm pulling a late one at work tonight  .... 90 mins I was in there for , kept bumping into old mates \ neighbours etc who I haven't seen in a while and catching up on various gossip  ... got so bad at one  point I thought Mrs H had arranged a surprise party for me and music and dancing girls would come down aisle 12

2 hours ago, BOF said:

In what was a clear act of defiance, today's lunchtime orange squirted a heroic amount of itself all over my work shirt and trousers as I split it in half.  Now that it's all dry I look filthy but smell lovely.

Oranges = too much work for too little reward

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Xela said:

Oranges = too much work for too little reward

The trick is to always have an orange-peeling finger nail. It also doubles as a nose picker :thumb:

• Like 1

Â