13 points?

Dodgyknees

Yet another missed opportunity today...yes Newcastle had some of their key players back today but overall they are a team lacking confidence. Cardiff is a poor result now given Hull went and turned them over no problem

It's no good attempting to get 0-0s away as you need to win your home games....and quite simply we don't. Norwich to me is a must win now given the 4 fixtures we have afterwards.

Just not good enough.

• Like 2

To post we have zero chance in a game is an exaggeration, especially one where the opponents were in such poor form. That played itself out as we lost in extra time.

Still it has been a depressing run of form and no mistake. We are about 4/ 5 players short of a decent mid table team and until we spend we arent going to improve, and I dont think changing the manager will particulary help now. The likes of Sylla just arent premiership level. If we do get drawn into a full on battle and only survive with 1 or 2 games, then I'd change in Summer.

Next week is massive- though I wouldnt put it past us to draw that and go on to win one of the harder ones in front of us. There is also the hope that there are somehow 3 teams worse than us- it wont feel like that to a lot of fans today but read on their forums to see them lamenting certain doom as well. I think 4 points in March, 4 in April and 1 in May will be enough.

There is no way Aston villa is getting higher than 9th for several years though without a change in owner or Lerner waking up- with any manager.

• Like 1

Next week is very important, we have Norwich and clubs around us play top teams.

100% mate, massive game for us, haven't we won every game against Norwich since Lambert joined?

Edit:

We drew at home last season

And it was a piss awful match in which we were lucky to get a point, Be afraid, very afraid.

I think we may need a few more than 4/5 to achieve mid-table stability tbf.

Really? Quality #10, quality dm, two quality full backs. That side would easily be midtable

Need some back up for when they get injured/suspended. Have none at the moment.

I think we may need a few more than 4/5 to achieve mid-table stability tbf.

Really? Quality #10, quality dm, two quality full backs. That side would easily be midtable

Need some back up for when they get injured/suspended. Have none at the moment.

I'm not talking about a champions league, push, just mid table stability. 4 good players easily would mean 10 or so more points from where villa are, maybe more

Win next week is a must. Lose that then well I don't think it's something we can think of.

If Paul cannot get his team motivated to beat his old side we really do have problems.

We will pick up more points this season it's just where?

We could do with a shock win against united or Chelsea and just try not get battered by city to not dent our confidence any more.

With our home record Norwich might as well be Bayern Munich coming to play us.Looking back on it now and their results since its a miracle we beat WBA without that win we would be in an even bigger hole.

We need to beat Norwich, Stoke and Hull at home and either Palace or Swansea away, hope for a draw against Southampton (at home) and maybe get something lucky against either Utd, City or Chelsea. I personally won't even be attempting to predict where we will pick up points in the remaining 11 games of the season.

Can anyone think of 3 worse home fixtures outside the top 4 clubs?

Norwich will be dying to get one over us, we always struggle against Stoke and we all know that Steve Bruce loves to get a win over us and has a pretty decent record

The above combined with our inept manager if we get a point out of those games i will be surprised

We need to beat Norwich, Stoke and Hull at home and either Palace or Swansea away, hope for a draw against Southampton (at home) and maybe get something lucky against either Utd, City or Chelsea. I personally won't even be attempting to predict where we will pick up points in the remaining 11 games of the season.

If villa get the 4 wins you say at the beginning that would be enough, they wouldn't need anything else

Cardiff (A) 1 point

Newcastle (A)  0 point

Norwich (H) 3 points

Leaving 9 more to find from the remaining games. I think we'll find them even though we're not playing that well. 

Man City (A)

Chelsea (H)

Stoke (H)

Man U (A)

Fulham (H)

Palace (A)

Southampton (H)

Swansea (A)

Hull (H)

Spurs (A)

Â