Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics

maqroll

Proposed a toast to Baselayers in the pub tonight, to be met by confused looks. "Jenny Jones" I added, angry that people didn't realise who I was talking about. A collective smile grew, "Oh the snowboarder you mean?" They said. "Yeah, that was awesome," I think it then sunk in what she's done. This is gonna sound like I'm taking the piss, but she's up there with Eddie The Eagle now. 

Edited by dAVe80

How and when did we find out that baselayers was jj??

When she told us :)

Tbh I think she told us she was from Bristol and a snowboarder and for a website that can track Lerners private jet , finding her true identity was easier than working out that Hong Kong Phooey is really Penry the mild mannered janitor

I'm sure I've seen baselayers go by Jenny Jones on here in the past as that is who I immediately thought of when I heard the news.

Jenny, did you ever have your now less famous than you American talkshow host namesake as your avatar?

Edited by Sie

What a year already for 2 VT legends, one git bronze at the Olympics and one has gone from 6 months as a none league players to Championship football.

Now if only I could be bothered to get off my arse what could I achieve?

3 sit ups.

• Like 2

Just remember, I also didn't know you before you were famous.

I'm pretty sure you've replied to me once on here before, that's good enough for me.

Congratulations Jenny. You're bloody huge now you know.

• Like 1

Can't remember of I posted or not.... But in cade not...Congratulations Double J.

Not much I can add to what else has been said other than good luck in your nre Ski Sunday presenting career.

Add me to the list of people who have had slightly awkward conversations with people mentioned how you know Jenny from an internet messageboard :D

She's already done massive massive things for British snowboarding, and you totally deserve the nationwide recognition you're receiving! I don't think the X-Games feats will ever be recognised on a nationwide level (not just for Jenny I mean, for any British competitor - look at Jamie Bestwick the BMX rider, what he has accomplished is just insane but how many people know who he is?), so how fulfilling must it be to have he eyes of the whole nation on you!

Kind of hope we don't get any more medals in anything so as not to take the spotlight of our Jen...

Morning after. Do you have the remotest idea what you have done? Slopestyling has landed (pun intended) well and truly in the UK and its all thanks to you. If you never strap on that board again, you will go down in British Olympic history as the first athlete from these shores to win a medal...A MEDAL FFS...on snow. Awesome Jones.

Your parents must be the proudest people in the country right now. .

Morning after. Do you have the remotest idea what you have done? Slopestyling has landed (pun intended) well and truly in the UK and its all thanks to you. If you never strap on that board again, you will go down in British Olympic history as the first athlete from these shores to win a medal...A MEDAL FFS...on snow. Awesome Jones.

I think we can all agree that the world will be a poorer place if Jones never straps on again.

• Like 2

I think we can all agree that the world will be a poorer place if Jones never straps on again.

I'm sure there are a few on here who would get a kick out of Jenny with a strap on.