Ryan Bertrand

Didiersix

He didn't crash into the post when he was skinned by McGeady time and again last week.

He had McGeady in his pocket after the first 5 mins. You have to be trolling

There were several times he backed off way too much and left McGeady space to shoot, Mcgeady only mustered one good effort though

If the injury is from when he hit the post, one wonders why he didn't come of at HT? Was jointly at fault with Baker for their first goal, got turned inside out by Downing, maybe his injury limited his mobility?

I don't think Baker is to fault with the first goal. When Downing skims past Bertrand, Baker is left with no option but to come across and attempt to halt Downing's progress. Bacuna and Lowton need to be more aware of the scenario. When Clark takes Baker's man, Lowton has to take Clark's, and Bacuna to take Lowton's.

In the end, clark goes to take Baker's man, Lowton and Bacuna aren't ready, and react far too late. Clark then realises that there is no support, and is left with two men to mark. The fault of Bertrand, and a lack of communication, which is why Vlaar is so vital to us. When we are missing our captain and most vocal player, a lack of communication and co-ordination is shown. We desperately need someone to step up when Vlaar is absent.

Yeah I agree he did switch off a few times which needs to be addressed.

Didnt have the best game ive seen him have today but done a job. That cross at the end of the game though... phwoarr. Just a shame no one was there to finish !

The guys a class talent and could go onto better things though I do think that.

Has been probably been said already but I couldn't be bothered to read the previous 20 odd pages from this thread. Anyway the loan signing of Bertrand reminds me of the loan signing of Kyle Walker 3 years ago. He has improved the defence and has also is an attacking threat. He clearly won't stay at the club beyond this season. Chelsea benefit because they get to test whether he is good enough for this level, which he is. Villa don't benefit in the long term because when he leaves in summer there will be a huge void left.

Edited by Voinjama

I think that Mr Lambert should make trying to sign Bertrand his first act at the end of the season.

I think there is every chance we could get him too, especially as Chelsea are in the hunt for Shaw at Southampton, which would push Bertrand back to at least fourth choice left back.

Has been probably been said already but I couldn't be bothered to read the previous 20 odd pages from this thread. Anyway the loan signing of Bertrand reminds me of the loan signing of Kyle Walker 3 years ago. He has improved the defence and has also is an attacking threat. He clearly won't stay at the club beyond this season. Chelsea benefit because they get to test whether he is good enough for this level, which he is. Villa don't benefit in the long term because when he leaves in summer there will be a huge void left.

But Walker was a different situation, he was only 20/21 and hadn't played Premier League football yet and was clearly a player for the future for Spurs. However with Bertrand, he's 24, so he'll be wanting to play first team football regularly so he can play for England, he was third choice at Chelsea behind Cole and Azpilicueta. Mourinho prefers to play a RB in his position which indicates he doesn't really want him. Plus Chelsea have been linked with Shaw, which seems quite likely and would limit Bertrand's chances there further. I highly doubt he'll go back to Chelsea and play for them.

The major concern though is if he performs well enough to attract the attentions of someone like Liverpool or Spurs who would be a better proposition than us.

seems to have been effected by that crash in to the post

seems like he is coming down to our level ,nicely

It won't take long we will get him as bad as us.

ps  We would turn Messi in to Barry Bannan within a few months.

Edited by TRO

I've lost all respect for him as a player now I have seen that he tweeted "should of" rather than "should have."

The most annoying and common mistake in the world.  I expect it from all footballers though to be fair.

seems to have been effected by that crash in to the post

seems like he is coming down to our level ,nicely

It won't take long we will get him as bad as us.

ps We would turn Messi in to Barry Bannan within a few months.

Really hope that's not the case TRO. Just injured. Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 1

A collegue from work is a big Chelsea fan (drives me insane with his jose love in) his company has a box at Stamford Bridge so he knows a little NOT ITK! But he says Bertrand will not be going back to Chelsea as it has already been said he is not really a Mourinho player and will never fit into his philosophy.

Â