Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

Brinkmanship. Unfortunately they probably have the upper hand so we'll need to pay slightly over the odds. Depends how much Lambert wants him. Personally I'd prefer Sneijder but I have my doubts that will happen.

• Like 2

in recent seasons we have seen clubs fight back against player power and force their players to stay (including us).

so it might play out one of the following:

1) Norwich will either be stubborn and keep him to spite us and the player - (and surely if we were in the same scenario we would applaud Lerner and Lambert for sticking their fingers up at the buying club). They have chosen to respond publically and kick up a fuss as much as possible about Lambert, Steer and Wes - so they clearly love the drama and despise us.

2) They will buy a replacement and sell him, probably at the last minute of the window.

3) Or they they could let the player club relationship deteriorate to the point him staying there is untenable then flog him to Crystal Palace or Stoke just to spite us/him.

The only thing that surprises me slightly is that Wes is a fringe player at Norwich, so the equivalent of us getting our knickers in a knot about selling Herd or Sylla to Small Heath - (I guess the sales of Ridge and Craig at a time when perhaps acrimony between the clubs was at a minimum).

Edited by VillanousOne

Its a strange one as he's not a first choice player so they don't need to hold onto him. You could also argue that they don't need to sell him as they won't get much for him, whether its from us or another club.

You could argue its more beneficial for them to keep than potentially boost a rival club.

Its a strange one as he's not a first choice player so they don't need to hold onto him. You could also argue that they don't need to sell him as they won't get much for him, whether its from us or another club.

You could argue its more beneficial for them to keep than potentially boost a rival club.

true, but surely if he is just a squad player then they'd rather spend his wages on someone they do rate and do play regularly. Having young and upcoming players on the bench is one thing, but a war horse on what must be fairly higher wages for them sitting doing sod all is pretty pointless for them and the player.

They are being dicks

1)He has been an unused Sub in League games ,they changed some of team for FA Cup and he was still on the Bench

2)They brought in Gutirez on loan who is now ahead of him.

This isn't like us with Benteke saying we don't want to sell our star player this is refusing to even discuss a transfer of a player they don't use who 

isn't getting any younger.

• Like 1

true, but surely if he is just a squad player then they'd rather spend his wages on someone they do rate and do play regularly. Having young and upcoming players on the bench is one thing, but a war horse on what must be fairly higher wages for them sitting doing sod all is pretty pointless for them and the player.

Well they don't like us and whether they play him or not is irrelavent, why would they want to seel to us when it would benefit us more than them.

You'd be surprised if this didn't go through now under the circumstances. I wonder if making it all public is to try to get someone else in for him. Partly to start a bidding war (which we probably won't participate in) and partly because they'd just rather sell to someone else.

I really don't think it matters if Norwich dig their heels in or attempt to offload him elsewhere because I think Lambo has already tapped him up & he won't want to go anywhere else.

No club really want to keep an unhappy player in their ranks because it de-stabilises every thing they are trying to accomplish & has a pernicious effect in the dressing room.

Â