Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

Does that mean Man City slowly shapeshifted into us?

When did they appoint our ex manager entire coaching staff and 3 or 4 of our players ? I must have missed that bit

Well, they have Platt, haven't they? And who's the 4th? I'm struggling to count 3 as we haven't signed Hoolahan yet. And as said, Holt for 4 months, as that's actually what's left of the season.

Positives....................'At least were not leeds'

I'm suprised we don't skip the middle-man in our mission to become Norwich, and just sign a few Leeds players...

(I neither mind the signing of Wes Hoolahan or Grant Holt, but ... you know)

• Like 1

Hoolahan is actually good. I'm looking forward to this signing if it happens

My thoughts too...sort of.

Like I said earlier in the thread, I'm both glad that buying him would improve our midfield immeasurably and depressed that buying him would improve our midfield immeasurably, if you see what I mean.

This sums it up brilliantly

• Like 1

When did they appoint our ex manager entire coaching staff and 3 or 4 of our players ? I must have missed that bit

Well, they have Platt, haven't they? And who's the 4th? I'm struggling to count 3 as we haven't signed Hoolahan yet. And as said, Holt for 4 months, as that's actually what's left of the season.

Platt has gone.

Platt has gone.

Ah, should've guessed. Stil, wasn't too serious about him anyway. :) More intrigued by the 4th, but guess you could mean Naughton, as he's at least played for Lambert in norwich. But that's just a very vague rumour, isn't it?

What he said was just that they are concentrating on getting players in atm, didn't make reference keeping Hoolahan directly so its just journos trying to make a big quote out of feck all imo.

When asked if Hoolahan could be sold this month, Hughton said: "At the moment our concentration is on can we add to the squad, can we improve the squad, not on letting players go out.

"We've had a few injuries especially in midfield, and then Michael Turner will be out for a while as well.

"We are trying as hard as we can (to sign players) the same as everybody else, but January is a notoriously bad time to bring in players.

I don't get all this "we're turning into Norwich" stuff.

We're clearly the new Borussia Dortmund

I'd rather be Norwich.  :puke:

I fear the in-joke might be missed there :)
  • Like 4

He is 1/10 to be a Villa player after the transfer window.  Sky throwing out another story today that Houghton is saying he is going nowhere but no quotes to back it up again, more just a jumble of quotes from the last week or so.  Imo Norwich will sell him when they have a few players brought in so hopefully they get on with it as we could do with Wes for the Baggies game.

Pure speculation on my part here but now that the Steer dispute has been settled, could this spur the wheels back into motion on a possible Hoolahan deal?  I can envisage a scenario where Norwich would not want to lose face twice over (first losing Steer to us, second losing a player that - albeit out of favour - is still held in high regard by the fanbase) and thus would want to be seen as having gotten their proverbial 'pound of flesh' out of big bad Aston Villa before permitting any further business with us.  That would seem to me to be the closest to a win-win all around; we get the player we wanted and Norwich can position themselves as having hard-balled us until they got what they wanted.

Â