Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

chappy

Unhappy with that. We have a CB crisis and Donacien isn't given a go to see what he can do. Gardner? Helenius?

you'd be unhappy with a 3-0 win, lets face it

Yawn!

• Like 1

After all the shite lambert has been given in the last few days, I hope a few people are suitably embarrassed.

Lambert again gambling our PL stature, can understand why he played Benteke and Weimann, but risking Clark, Delph and Westwood. Lets see which one gets injured. Would of rather seen Helenius, Docacien and Gardner given a chance alongside a few of the nextgen lads.

Edited by Avflife

After all the shite lambert has been given in the last few days, I hope a few people are suitably embarrassed.

Lambert again gambling our PL stature, can understand why he played Benteke and Weimann, but risking Clark, Delph and Westwood. Lets see which one gets injured.

Bloody hell, people would moan if he played a weak team; moan if he plays a strong team. What can he do right?

Gone with a strong line up hopefully to open a new chapter of Villa Park results and performances for the New Year.

Pleased and hoping for a good solid win with a few goals.

Get Sylla and Gardner on if we're controlling it after an hour. And possibly this may be the day for Tonev to showcase some talent against a tiring League One defence in the second half.

Amazing comments - if doesn't take the game seriously and we lose he will be slammed. If he picks pretty much a full strength side in order to get through to round 4 we get. moans and groans from people that want backup players in. Damned if you do and damned if you don't!!! 

Already come out and said he didn't care for the FA Cup, should of stuck by his words and played a weakened side.

Did he say that though? Really?

Read the interview. Loaded questions abound by that bluenose word removed Tom Ross.

So I wonder if all of those media outlets slamming Lambert for 'not careing about the FA Cup' in the past two days will take it back now?

They were only criticising his direct quotes though. It's not as if they manufactured the story from thin air (which they normally do).

Quotes that were taken out of context.
Fairy nuff :thumb: I might have missed the broader context. The bits I heard led me to think Lambert saw the cup as something we (and others in our position) could do without.
That's exactly what he said and I don't think the quotes were taken out of context at all. However, whether he was stating a central belief of key importance to his approach as a manager, or just musing out loud in an injudicious way, is more open to question. Looks like he's trying to win today's match, so I guess he was not talking about his approach to this match, rather trying to make some broader philosophical point, all of which backfired rather badly.