Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

chappy

And probably actually stronger than I'd like. I won't complain though. Paul knows the condition of his squad and they've a weeks rest.

• Like 2

So I wonder if all of those media outlets slamming Lambert for 'not careing about the FA Cup' in the past two days will take it back now?

They were only criticising his direct quotes though. It's not as if they manufactured the story from thin air (which they normally do).

Only one I don't understand is Delph playing, surely he could do with a rest? Especially with Gardner being a very similar replacement.

Odd one.

He's just had a rest after being suspended

So I wonder if all of those media outlets slamming Lambert for 'not careing about the FA Cup' in the past two days will take it back now?

They were only criticising his direct quotes though. It's not as if they manufactured the story from thin air (which they normally do).

Quotes that were taken out of context.

• Like 1

Shame Helenius hasn't been given a start. Ideal game to play him and to play him in his favoured position, off Benteke. Must be pretty soul destroying staying on the bench and seeing the likes of Bowery and Tonev getting more game time.

Fairy nuff :thumb: I might have missed the broader context. The bits I heard led me to think Lambert saw the cup as something we (and others in our position) could do without.

Fairy nuff :thumb: I might have missed the broader context. The bits I heard led me to think Lambert saw the cup as something we (and others in our position) could do without.

I'm not one for defending him, and perhaps it's biased as I agree with him on this, but the full interview gave a different feeling from the quotes, dare I say deliberately selected to cause a bit of a storm by some nobody employed by BBC Radio WM.

• Like 1