Gaming 2014

Dodgyknees

Not played any of the AC games, my brother is heavily in to them at the moment though, would like to try them some time.

With all the historical eras used and that, ever any suggestion of a medieval or victorian English setting? Unless they've already done that and didn't realise.

Well the first one was set around the time of the Crusades I believe, so that's sort of medieval but set in the Middle East.

As for Victorian, aside from the stuff set in the modern day, I think the eighteenth century is as far as they've come so far.

Not played any of the AC games, my brother is heavily in to them at the moment though, would like to try them some time.

With all the historical eras used and that, ever any suggestion of a medieval or victorian English setting? Unless they've already done that and didn't realise.

If you hack one of the computers in AC4 there is a list of Desmond paternal and maternal lineage and where they lived. Can't remember all of them, but Napoleonic France and Egypt were in there.  

Far Cry 4 will be released for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC in the first half of 2015, Eurogamer has reported. It is not said if Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions are also in the works.

Citing anonymous sources close to the project, it is said that Far Cry 4 will be formally unveiled by Ubisoft at E3 2014 in June. Far Cry 4 will also swap out the tropical setting of its predecessor for the snowy mountains of the Himalayas. This marks a big switch in aesthetic for the sandbox series, which until now has been set in sun-drenched environments.

Players will also be able to ride elephants, it is said, and there will be a variety of other new features and additions to the title. An emphasis on hunting is still said to be present, and the world map will be split up with outposts in a similar fashion to Far Cry 3.

A Ubisoft Shanghai employee listed Far Cry 4 on his resume back in January.

"We’re totally psyched from [Far Cry 3]," said Ubisoft executive Tony Key to GameSpot last year. "It’s a great brand, and now it’s got the recognition it deserves, so we’re clearly going to make another one: more on that soon."

could be a great E3, all the big franchises getting next gen versions

• Like 1

I havent bothered with AC for the last few games.

Cant remember which one it was, but it was Ezio as an old man, and it seemed more like a DLC add on than a full game but at full game price - plus it was really poor in comparison to earlier games. I gave up after that.

Shame though as AC2 is one of my all time favourite games, if they didnt rush to make annual releases they could really get some quality stuff out

The thing is, I'm pretty sure they're not rushing these games out. They're usually in development for about 3 years and at least try to build on the previous one, unlike something like CoD for example.

I've played all the previous AC's except 4 (waiting to get a next-gen console to play it, but I might just pick it up soon on PS3).

Goat Simulator trailer (not for the faint hearted!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvWGLcdI8o8

Danny O'Dwyer streamed it on Gamespot last night, it looks amazing.

P.S. you can get a jetpack, for your goat.

Started playing FTL again for the (FREE!) expansion.

This game is so ridiculous compelling. I think I paid about £4 for it and I was delighted at the replay value of the game. To then issue free additional content (new race, weapons, events) is unbelievable.

If you've not checked it out before, now's a great time to do so. I already loved the game but this has put the developers right up there, for me, I'll be buying pretty much anything they put out after this, it's so rare to see such good support of a game after release that isn't just paid DLC.

• Like 1

Goat Simulator is a sack of shit. No content, no game play, no point. Its just bait for muppet lets players to shout "WTF" of YouTube.

Unfortunately Bear Simulator is due for release soon too, starting an influx of whacky simulators over the next couple of years before people get bored and wonder why on earth they spent money on such rubbish. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone getting Trials Fusion tomorrow? Mine's just been dispatched :)

It's out tomorrow?!  I thought I'd be waiting ages, get in! :hooray:  

I loved Evolution.  I think I got more replay out of it then any other game throughout the entirety of the last gen.