Gaming 2014

Dodgyknees

Technically yes, but that's also me.  In a moment of sheer brainfartery, I tried 3 times to create a PSN account before I realised I wasn't conforming to the stringent ruleset on passwords, by which time I'd locked out "GarethRDR" and "GarethRDR83".  So, as a matter of fact, there is technically no (and nor will there ever be a) GarethRDR.  All because I'm a **** moron.  :blush:

Edited by GarethRDR

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone interested in this game?

I know Gareth is a Mighty Boosh fan so by association may like the band 'Robots in Disguise'....can't think of any other links.

Serious hat on; with Transformers games, I've found the general rule is if they've got the word "Cybertron" in the title, they're great.  If they don't, they're terribad.

• Like 2

I meant in terms of games. The ps2 one specifically, transformers armada. It hasn't got cybertron in the title.

I agree though, that period of tf history is one to forget. Beast Wars was awesome though. Beast machines, not so much.

Finally got around to downloading and playing The Last of Us: Left Behind.

Excellent. Was really cool to spend some more time in that world.

Edited by Ghost

Finally got around to downloading and playing The Last of Us: Left Behind.

Excellent. Was really cool to spend some more time in that world.

If my dark experiments with ascomycete fungi go according to plan then you may be spending more time in that world than you might think...

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing a lot of Divinity: Original Sin over the past few days. Probably the best RPG I've played since Baldur's Gate. Multiple ways to complete every quest, massively varied skills, any character can do pretty much anything, and a damn good, well written story.  It's one of those that aside from a few fundamental peices of the main story it feels like you could play it a few times and rarely repeat the same steps.

The thing I love about it is it just does not hold your hand, at all. You're rarely told exactly where to go, or what to do, the quests mostly require you to be paying attention and to think your way through it. I'm not pretending you need to be a genius to get through the quests, it's just a nice contrast to most RPGs these days that tell you to go to a place that's highlighted on your map, and kill the guy with a big arrow over his head.

The combat is...interesting. You can just stand there and stab a guy to death with your party, or you can teleport him in to a puddle and eletrocute him, or throw some oil on the floor, set it on fire, and shoot arrows through it to make him burn.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1