Gaming 2014

Dodgyknees

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else watch Twitch often? I know stuff like LoL, Dota and the like are the big draws, bit man I love watching the speed runners.

There was a guy yesterday doing Toy Story 2 - a game I adored at the time of its release. He was trying to break the world record, didn't manage it while I was watching though. He described a 32.xx run as being not very good....yes, that is 32 minutes :lol:

I watch a bit of Twitch now and again, mainly speedruns too. The guys who do the speedruns for that cancer charity sometimes do some good games but if nothing else it's quite funny and fascinating to see a bunch of ridiculously nerdy guys get together in the same room. Takes me back to my games testing days, I bet it reeks of B.O in there too. Still, fair play to them for doing stuff for charity.

Aside from that I watch Salty Bet or speedruns of Dark Souls because frankly the guys who do those are insanely good at the game and just know everything inside out. It's quite amazing to watch really.

Edited by Ginko

Did you watch the speedrunning event the other week? Think it was 'Awesome games done quick'. The final speed run was FF 6, it was pretty fantastic. They ended up raising a massive amount of money.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This could be the most expensive gaming year ever for me, there's so much stuff coming out that I'll buy day one.

Batman AK

Uncharted 4 (maybe out this year)

FIFA 15

Infamous SS

Mass Effect trilogy PS4 (rumoured)

GTA V PS4 (inevitable)

Destiny - my most anticipated

Drive club

The Order

Crash Bandicoot (rumoured)

The Last of Us PS4 (inevitable)

Trials Fusion

Probably a few more than I've forgot.. Maybe Elder Scrolls online, my bank balance is going to take a hit!

Evening chaps!

After an 8 year break from PC gaming, I'm making my return this weekend!

If you would be so kind, I'm looking for any recommendations of the must play games that I may have missed? I've had a 360, PS3, and now PS4 during this time, so I've played the majority of big multiplats.

Thanks!  B)

Edited by DCJonah

Hard to give specific examples without knowing the kind of games you like. Immediate ones that jump to mind that I've been playing recently are Natural Selection 2, Dota 2, Don't Starve, DayZ, Europa Universalis IV. Quite a few people I know are playing Path of Exile which is meant to be pretty good and it's free.

Get yourself a Steam account and prepare your wallet for the Summer sale.