2014 - first 5 games

Electric Avenue

So we are currently still sat 13th but we've squandered a chance to rack up points with an easy run of games, now it gets tough again and come 1 Feb it could be looking bleak, so what do people think we will get out of the next 5 games :

A Sunderland draw

H Arsenal loss

A Liverpool loss

H WBA win

A Everton loss

4 points I reckon

At this moment in time i can see only 1 point against West Brom but things can change. A fit again Benteke and Vlaar together with a creative midfield signing in early January hopefully and we may get 4 or 5 points. 

Only winnable game usually for me would be Sunderland but they're 4 games unbeaten, will be at home and also we will have a defensive partnership of Baker and Herd.

I can genuinely see us losing all 5 fixtures, maybe a draw against Sunderland at the most. This is why it was important to rack up some points over our 'easy' Christmas period and go into these games with confidence, so much for that though eh!

Edited by samjp26

We are five games without a win and looking at those 5 fixtures it could easily become 10 games without a win.

Sunderland is the last run of a set of fixtures, Man Utd aside, that was considered our easiest run for the season and unbelievably so far we have taken just a point. We need three points on Wednesday. However I am not sure we will get them and am predicting just 2 points from our next 5 fixtures.

I was quite optimistic a couple of months ago but the tripe served up has meant that reality has sadly sucked the optimism out of me.

Edited by markavfc40

Only winnable game usually for me would be Sunderland but they're 4 games unbeaten, will be at home and also we will have a defensive partnership of Baker and Herd.

I can genuinely see us losing all 5 fixtures, maybe a draw against Sunderland at the most. This is why it was important to rack up some points over our 'easy' Christmas period and go into these games with confidence, so much for that though eh!

Strong chance that Vlaar will be back for Sunderland. This is a unpredictable side. It can beat Arsenal and Man City (somehow) yet give feeble peformance such as the last 2.

Sunderland  - Both teams are poor and they are without Brown and O'Shea so if get Benteke back could possibly outscore them

Arsenal - Swansea mark 2  but with them scoring 

Liverpool - Way they are playing expect us to get an absolute hammering 

WBA - Derby so form out of window,,both teams poor so could go either way

Everton - with no squad additions could be long afternoon chasing shadows ,very lucky to get a draw if lucky

Would take 4 now.

Only way I can see it though is if Benteke hits the ground running when he comes back.

Vlaar has been noticeably missed so should hopefully improve us defensively-An experienced midfielder as HH has hinted at will also be a valued injection.

Anything from Liverpool, Everton & Arsenal will be a bonus so we need to look at 4 points from WBA & Sunderland.

Â