2014 - first 5 games

Electric Avenue

Looking at that run of games I'd genuinely be happy with 4 points from the next 5 fixtures.

We need a win very soon for confidence, if we lose at Sunderland then things could get very nasty going into the Arsenal/Liverpool games (I'm talking Chelsea/Spurs/Wigan last season nasty).

Not hopeful of more than the odd point. Its bizarre, though, that we're pretty much reliant on one player coming good (and fit) to turn it round for us. More worrying is that the rest of the team seem bereft of ideas because he is'nt firing.

Sunderland  - Narrow defeat.

Arsenal - Complete hammering, 4 or 5 nil.

Liverpool - Complete hammering, 4 or 5 nil.

WBA - Narrow defeat. Even more pressure on Lambert

Everton - Comfortable win for the blue scouse.

I'd be both amazed and disgusted if McLeishbert keeps his job after that little run.

Only winnable game usually for me would be Sunderland but they're 4 games unbeaten, will be at home and also we will have a defensive partnership of Baker and Herd.

I can genuinely see us losing all 5 fixtures, maybe a draw against Sunderland at the most. This is why it was important to rack up some points over our 'easy' Christmas period and go into these games with confidence, so much for that though eh!

Strong chance that Vlaar will be back for Sunderland. This is a unpredictable side. It can beat Arsenal and Man City (somehow) yet give feeble peformance such as the last 2.

Arsenal and Man C were a long time ago. We can't trade on those wins for very much longer. One draw in 5 games is more where we are now.

So we are currently still sat 13th but we've squandered a chance to rack up points with an easy run of games, now it gets tough again and come 1 Feb it could be looking bleak, so what do people think we will get out of the next 5 games :

A Sunderland draw

H Arsenal loss

A Liverpool loss

H WBA win

A Everton loss

4 points I reckon

Reckon between 5 and 7, beat Sunderland and Baggies, draw to Everton and lose against Arsenal and Liverpool.

Less than zero points. The great god of beautiful football Xavi will level a ruling that due to the atrocities to football villa are committing with their style, the club will be automatically relegated to the skrill premier league. (Prior to that, villa will get two shock wins with .023% possession)

Edited by Rovers13

Sunderland  - Narrow defeat.

Arsenal - Complete hammering, 4 or 5 nil.

Liverpool - Complete hammering, 4 or 5 nil.

WBA - Narrow defeat. Even more pressure on Lambert

Everton - Comfortable win for the blue scouse.

I'd be both amazed and disgusted if McLeishbert keeps his job after that little run.

If that happens he couldn't keep his job. I feel we will get 2-6 points

Sunderland- Draw 0-0

Arsenal - Loss 3-0

Liverpool - Win  2-1 

WBA - Draw 2-2

Everton - Loss 1-0

Total = 5 points, I think (Well, more hoping) Liverpool are going to hit a rough patch now and we'll be right in the middle and may get a flukey win.....As I said though, more hoping... wouldn't put any money on it haha.

Â