Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

Oh its all good because we had a good 20 minutes after arsenal had settled for the 2-0 win, no positives for me we've played well when losing before and it hasnt changed anything, liverpool earlier in the season was exactly the same. Infact thats not true benteke scoring was a positive, thats the only one i can muster.

Don't think anybody is claiming "it's all good".

Don't know how you can say there were no positives. It was a defeat yeah and there are a lot of things to be annoyed about (mainly these moments of self destruction) but we did play well in the second half.

Just because we lost doesn't mean everything has to be all doom and gloom.

Its doom and gloom because we've won 11 in 49 at home under lambert not because we lost one game.

We haven't played 49 home games under Lambert :P

I was going to say. He's had maybe just over half of that.

Listened to talk sport on the way home and they were shocked at the negativity by villa fans towards Lambert. Apart from the last 10 mins when pushing for the equaliser they said they didn't see any of this long ball that people are talking about. They saw a side that did well against the side that are currently top of the table. They were gobsmacked. I think its fair to say you see what you want to see. Those that don't like Lambert will just see the long balls.

I have to admit I did'nt see much cause I fell asleep!

• Like 1

Listened to talk sport on the way home and they were shocked at the negativity by villa fans towards Lambert. Apart from the last 10 mins when pushing for the equaliser they said they didn't see any of this long ball that people are talking about. They saw a side that did well against the side that are currently top of the table. They were gobsmacked. I think its fair to say you see what you want to see. Those that don't like Lambert will just see the long balls.

I have to admit I did'nt see much cause I fell asleep!

hahaha hahaa ha

What the same talksport that doesn't know that football teams exist outside of London?

It is possibly the only Villa game they have seen all season and that was only because we were playing Arsenal...

The stats do not lie in regards to us playing long balls 

We play some dire dire stuff and it is not down to Lerner... God... Darth Vader... The gravitational pull of the moon.... or whatever other excuses people always seem to have for Lambert it is purely him and the buck has to stop somewhere

• Like 4

i listened to it too, the 2 presenters embarrassed themselves, they blatantly knew next to nothing about us other than our league position and watching MOTD

i take they couldnt find one villa fan who was phoning in to go against the grain because every single one of them slated our tactics

i did also like how a caller said 95% of fans dont like our style of football which was then spun to 95% of us want lambert sacked, they were desperately trying to push the villa fans are never happy angle

The only stat that I care about is where we finish and that will be higher than last season.

Someone even wanted a dream team of vialli and Zola in.

Not a chance of finishing higher than last season.

I suppose we're currently above where we finished last season by a series of happy co-incidences that have lasted for 21 of the 38 games?

• Like 1

Some on here think we have been awful for most of the season.  Many more would accept we haven't played well consistently, especially at home.  From a factual point we all also know our main Striker hasn't been scoring.

Yet we are mid table.

So if we haven't played well yet, and our goalscorer hasn't scored much yet, there is at least as much as much reason to hope that we will move up - with some good performances and some goals from CB - as there is to think we will go further down  - i.e with even fewer good perfromances and even less from CB.

As such, I think it is a particularly pessimistic fan who thinks we wont do better than last year.

I reckon we will comfortably beat last years position.

• Like 3

It was interesting listening to the Gaffer, Graham of the Aston social delving in to his philosophical mode tonight after the game.

after our lengthy debate, he said do you know, in the last 10 years the arguments being put forward now  about how bad the Villa Team are in terms of their play, is exactly the same as it was all them years ago.

despite all the changes..........nothing has changed.

and more depressingly, nothing will, until we demand change.

we are playing a brand of football that smacks of self preservation, rather than philosophical design.

There is plenty of evidence that nothing is improving and despite me feeling that changing the manager is wrong, I'm not sure what the alternatives are.

The austerity programme is obviously something the owner is happy with, but at the same time the team has not improved which makes the customers unhappy.

Under Doug Ellis the home form alone, would have seen Paul Lambert gone by now.

I don't know whether there is any future under Paul Lambert or whether the task he has had to endure is close to untenable and he has been dealt a duff hand.

what i do know is the standard of football that we are dishing up at home has to stop.....and something has to change and bloody quickly, i would suggest.

Don't know about anyone else on here but I have to pay for my own coffee's at work too.

Lerner came to Villa promising a brighter future. It lasted three seasons and now I've experienced a longer amount of time watching the worst football, together with the worst results and the worst team, I can ever remember. We're in regression, not transition.

People keep saying we've got to get rid of the high earners before we move forward again. Has the main man himself gone on record saying this? For all we know, he may move on Gabby, Delph and Benteke once he's seen off Ireland, Given, Hutton and co.

The trust in Lerner has gone and until he speaks up or leaves there is nothing but a dull future, in my eyes.

It was interesting listening to the Gaffer, Graham of the Aston social delving in to his philosophical mode tonight after the game.

after our lengthy debate, he said do you know, in the last 10 years the arguments being put forward now  about how bad the Villa Team are in terms of their play, is exactly the same as it was all them years ago.

despite all the changes..........nothing has changed.

and more depressingly, nothing will, until we demand change.

The problem is the fans at villa park don't want possession football. If Agbonlahor played for Liverpool or Arsenal the fans would boo him off the park. At villa park he is a hero.

Downing was a great player with us but at Liverpool he was crap- no vision, one footed they said with a poor first touch.

We had Richard the hoof Dunne at cb with James the hoof Collins at cb. People thought it was great. Would Arsenal have those two lumps at cb?

I actually think Houllier might have succeeded in changing the playing style. Then we replaced him with McCleish. Defend, defend, defend.

Lambert, I don't actually think he wants to play like this. He just sees that we can get results with it.