Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

The only stat that I care about is where we finish and that will be higher than last season.

Someone even wanted a dream team of vialli and Zola in.

Not a chance of finishing higher than last season.

I suppose we're currently above where we finished last season by a series of happy co-incidences that have lasted for 21 of the 38 games?

Yes. Two of the wins have come from games where long range free kicks have got us goals from nowhere. How we won the Southampton game I don't understand.

Clubs that borrow Grant Holt and play the anti-football we do don't deserve to win games, and will be way down there come the end of the season.

What on earth does 'real man' mean anyway?

He eats Yorkies?

Peter_Griffin.png

I always took the meaning of 'real man' to mean he had a hairy chest and still had his foreskin intact... And no, I am not anti-semantic (sic) or whatever ;)

For the 'Holt scores at the Holte' possibilities alone, get the deal done... :ph34r:

Any Premier League manager who when he needs a back up striker goes out and signs Grant Holt should be impaled in front of the FA for all others to see! Holt should be signing for Burton Albion (no offence meant to Burton) not us.

I am starting to think that Lerner has made Lambert lose the plot?

SACK HIM NOW!!!

Any Premier League manager who when he needs a back up striker goes out and signs Grant Holt should be impaled in front of the FA for all others to see! Holt should be signing for Burton Albion (no offence meant to Burton) not us.

SACK HIM NOW!!!

im not fan of Holt but whop should we have signed. He is a quick fix loan and is just a replacement for Kozak while he is injured and could add some experience and nastiness to the squad which we lack

• Like 1

Buying players who cannot get into the few sides worse than ours is never, ever going to be a recipe for success.

If you're going to buy out of favour / fringe / unwanted players then you need to be shopping at the teams better than your own.

If you go shopping in the teams who are poorer than your own then you need to be picking out their best performers.

Its just common sense isn't it?
Edited by Tamuff_Villa

im not fan of Holt but whop should we have signed

Perhaps we could have just played one of the many other just as shite strikers we have at the club.

What's the point in Bowery if he isn't going to play him. How is he meant to get this lack of experience? How is Helenius when he doesn't play him? We only play one striker up front. If it's a worry about these players being the focus of attack, then we also have Gabby and Weiman, who are also both strikers being played out of position to suit Lambert's system. 

Obviously that would mean the hoofing would need to cease though.

SACK HIM NOW!!!

im not fan of Holt but whop should we have signed. He is a quick fix loan and is just a replacement for Kozak while he is injured and could add some experience and nastiness to the squad which we lack

Experience? Two season in the Premiership? Baker has more experience!

Nastiness? The only things he will be worrying down VP are the Balti pies!

Who should he have signed? Well he shouldn't have needed to sign anyone IF his squad players were good enough! I.e Helenius or Bowery!

I would rather Lerner send £20k a week to Acorns for the next six months!

It was interesting listening to the Gaffer, Graham of the Aston social delving in to his philosophical mode tonight after the game.

after our lengthy debate, he said do you know, in the last 10 years the arguments being put forward now  about how bad the Villa Team are in terms of their play, is exactly the same as it was all them years ago.

despite all the changes..........nothing has changed.

and more depressingly, nothing will, until we demand change.

Interesting as I was reflecting on something similar.

For ages now I have been pissed off with stats prior to matches against some teams where "XXXX team have taken more premier points off Villa than any other team"  or "Villa have not won at home against XXXXX in XXXXX years" etc etc .

Last night was another such where we have not beaten Arsenal at home since 1998.  Disgrace. 

But this is a long term problem of us not competing at a certain level in years.  We tried the short term  fix with Oneill but it didnt work. What we need is a long term fix to our culture / philosophy / style / mentality / progression,  call it what you like but in order to fix the issue where we see stats like that and that they stop for a consistent amount of time that needs a big change

That change is not just a papering over the cracks change either.  But that change will take some time,  sorry and all but it does not get fixed in a year or two.  And it does not get fixed if fans do not realise it needs fixing.  If fans merely carry on think that all is well and just a tinkering change here or there,  that we really are a club that should be in the top 6 as a right and struggle to come to terms with the realisation that we are not in the top 6 because as a club we have been heading down the short term fix route for so long that it really has affected our long term ability to achieve success.  Where fans just think it takes a change of manager and then we'll be back in our rightful position without having to drastically alter some fundamentals at the club,  well we'll never get better on that basis.

That's why I support Lambert and will continue to 100% to the hilt (or holt) despite the short term immediate results.  Despite the disappointments along the way. Because I believe in his vision,  what he is doing and the fact that he needs doing.  We need the changes highlighted above in order for our long term performances to improve on a consistent basis and not just the odd short term fix.

• Like 4

I think he should be sacked for having the nerve to bring in an experienced striker who he has worked with before as cover on a short term loan deal.

The sad thing is I've seen people say words to that affect un-ironically on here.

• Like 2

I think he should be sacked for having the nerve to bring in an experienced striker who he has worked with before as cover on a short term loan deal.

Good idea, we'll put experience and if we know them ahead of abilty. What could possibly go wrong?

• Like 2

Good idea, we'll put experience and if we know them ahead of abilty. What could possibly go wrong?

If I could bold on my phone, I'd be bolding 'short term' and 'cover'

If I could bold on my phone, I'd be bolding 'short term' and 'cover'

He's not very good regardless of how long he is on the pay roll.