Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

I think the manager will now try his best to finally get some experience into the team in January.......players who will not buckle under the pressure and make the younger players better. Badly needed.

Brilliant news.
Yep, if only he had such inspiration during the summer.

We would likely have Gareth Barry in our midfield and this thread wouldn't exist.

I agree. He would have been ideal. Knows the club inside out and would have been able to help along and inspire the younger/inexperienced lads and provide the leadership qualities and calming influence which we so badly lack. Big opportunity missed.

I could never for the life of me understand why some supporters were not keen on bringing him in.

It was from people who still believed young and hungry was the way forward.

Barry would have been great. Not just because of what he'd offer but a chance to get one of our best past players back in the shirt.

Shame the manager wasn't backed with his top targets in the summer.

Evidence BJ10?

The manager had a budget, and used it accordingly. What 'top targets' did he miss out on?

You don't seem to show evidence when you claim we weren't in for Barry amongst other things, so I cannot see how you can request it from others.

I think that this one belongs in the "Clutching at straws" thread  ;)

Edited by thetrees

Stoke managed 32% possession against Spurs. Only managing a single shot on target out of two. It's a problem not unique to Villa so don't try and pretend like it is.

It is Spurs away. It's expected with lower half teams.

Stoke managed 32% possession against Spurs. Only managing a single shot on target out of two. It's a problem not unique to Villa so don't try and pretend like it is.

You say that it also happens to Stoke, like that's a good thing. Are you forgetting that this team that only had two shots and 30% possession today beat us just a week ago? This is the **** opposite of reassuring.

• Like 1

I think the manager will now try his best to finally get some experience into the team in January.......players who will not buckle under the pressure and make the younger players better. Badly needed.

Brilliant news.
Yep, if only he had such inspiration during the summer.

We would likely have Gareth Barry in our midfield and this thread wouldn't exist.

I agree. He would have been ideal. Knows the club inside out and would have been able to help along and inspire the younger/inexperienced lads and provide the leadership qualities and calming influence which we so badly lack. Big opportunity missed.

I could never for the life of me understand why some supporters were not keen on bringing him in.

It was from people who still believed young and hungry was the way forward.

Barry would have been great. Not just because of what he'd offer but a chance to get one of our best past players back in the shirt.

Shame the manager wasn't backed with his top targets in the summer.

Evidence BJ10?

The manager had a budget, and used it accordingly. What 'top targets' did he miss out on?

You don't seem to show evidence when you claim we weren't in for Barry amongst other things, so I cannot see how you can request it from others.

I think that this one belongs in the "Clutching at straws" thread ;)

No, that is your defence of Lerner.

Bacunas quick Kev, he dropped him, Bennetts quick enough hes dropped.

Hes cut off his nose too often .You could argue Ireland, Sidwell, Dunne, Collins, Bent, would walk into our team atm, and Cuellar Warnock and Hutton would'nt make us much worse either.

PL has been here 18 months, hes bought how many players, if theres a problem, its a problem he has created.

Bacuna you may of notice wasnt dropped he played yesterday. Bennett's been injured all season and is still injured

Bent can't walk into Fulhams shite side nor can Cuellar get into Sunderland's shite side

Ireland had numerous chances and wasted them all, Sidwell went under Houillier??

Warnock and Hutton were utter utter crap. Warnock can't get into a Championship side and no-one in their right mind will take Hutton, even on loan

Dunne and Collins cost £100k+ a week in wages. Dunne was even more injury prone than Vlaar. Collins attitude was rightly questioned and I for one am delighted he has left my club

None of the players you mention have gone on to be successful elsewhere

Garbage

Yep, these rubbish players who were part if the rot are suddenly world beaters.

Brilliant!

You would have great difficulty to find anyone on site who have referred to those players as world beaters.

The point being made is that some of those players could have been used for a short period of time to take the pressure off the younger players while they developed which would have meant the Lambert revolution being more gradual and less of a shock to the club.

These higher paid players almost got us relegated too.

Yes mate but that was with Mcleish and Lambert has spent another 40 odd million without much or any improvement.

You could be right although I'd suggest if it was the case that those would be easily moved they'd probably return to the same level where they came from.

Bent being on a lot more than Benteke yet Benteke being the better player is exactly my point concerning wages v performance,

I don't know if really you don't understand or if you're being deliberately dense but obviously one example does not disprove a rule

Quote  "The logical conclusion is that the more you spend on wages, the more points you got in the Premier League"

http://www.squawka.com/news/2013/07/09/value-index-part-1/2013070912877

Ok I'll give you another example and one which your sarcasm will like. QPR last season.

Cant be arsed with the debate - (again) - but wouldn't like the thread to be unrepresentative ! For me it is simple. In order to get off the stupid Manager merry go round (suddenly Bruce and Jol are going to be in favour...who will it be next month) that so many teams fall for and ultimately fail because of, we have to name our man and stick with him for 3 years. As it happens I think Pl will get it right and we are just currently in a downward part of an overall upward curve...but even if I didn't think so I still think the guy we have has to have 3 years. Otherwise we will definitely ALWAYS be bobbing around 18th-9th. The only possible way out is to be brave and bold and stick with a guy to let his plans come to fruititon.yes I know at the moment anyone could level any number of negatives, but thats the only way as I see it.

brilliant post terry

We gave DOL 3 years and he got worse every season. Just giving someone time doesn't mean it will work out.

I agree, it certainly does not guarantee anything. But changing often has bought many Clubs, including this one, a big nothing many times. We have to let the guy get past the foundation stage. yes I know for some that time has gone but for me, in all the teams I have watched over the years, three years is needed. He may prove to be the wrong guy, but put it another way. What if he is sacked and the next guy is doing no better points wise in 18 months ? Another sacking ? And so on ? We only have 2 hopes to ever challenge again, either a wealthy buyer or the success of a long term project with a long term manager.

Electric I can't believe you tweeted Howard to ask if he was me!!! Obviously I'm not - I don't own a fancy boat and if I did I wouldn't be such a balloon to post a photo of it on my page! ha

the two players ure talking about are they both premier league based players ??