Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

I think the manager will now try his best to finally get some experience into the team in January.......players who will not buckle under the pressure and make the younger players better. Badly needed.

Brilliant news.
Yep, if only he had such inspiration during the summer.

We would likely have Gareth Barry in our midfield and this thread wouldn't exist.

I agree. He would have been ideal. Knows the club inside out and would have been able to help along and inspire the younger/inexperienced lads and provide the leadership qualities and calming influence which we so badly lack. Big opportunity missed.

I could never for the life of me understand why some supporters were not keen on bringing him in.

It was from people who still believed young and hungry was the way forward.

Barry would have been great. Not just because of what he'd offer but a chance to get one of our best past players back in the shirt.

Shame the manager wasn't backed with his top targets in the summer.

Evidence BJ10?

The manager had a budget, and used it accordingly. What 'top targets' did he miss out on?

It has been said on numerous occasions that Barry and Young are non starters as the wages are way too high irrespective of how good they are.

Everton won't be paying anymore than 40k towards Barrys wages. That is I would guess around what Tonev, Kozak and Helenius are on combined. I would confidently predict Barry would have had a much more positive influence than those three combined.

There is little doubt that Lambert has been stifled by the amount in terms of wages he has been allowed to spend. However he also has to make a choice in terms of who and how many players he wants to sign. You could make an argument that with Bennett and Stevens at the club did we need Luna. With Benteke, Weimann, Gabby, Bowery did we need Kozak and Helenius. etc, etc

It has been said on numerous occasions that Barry and Young are non starters as the wages are way too high irrespective of how good they are.

Everton aren't paying anything like Barry's full wage, otherwise he wouldn't be there.

The cost cutting at our club has been much about long-term, high value contracts that are constricting the club For example, Stephen Ireland's fee and contract have virtually taken everything that was generated by the Milner deal (value, not profit)

If a high quality player is available on loan, that the manager thinks can make a big difference, costing £2-3m for a year, then I cannot see the owner turning the manager down. As others have pointed out, that is about the difference of 3 to 4 places in the Premier League final table, so it would be common sense.

Everton won't be paying anymore than 40k towards Barrys wages. That is I would guess around what Tonev, Kozak and Helenius are on combined. I would confidently predict Barry would have had a much more positive influence than those three combined.

There is little doubt that Lambert has been stifled by the amount in terms of wages he has been allowed to spend. However he also has to make a choice in terms of who and how many players he wants to sign. You could make an argument that with Bennett and Stevens at the club did we need Luna. With Benteke, Weimann, Gabby, Bowery did we need Kozak and Helenius. etc, etc

I thought they were paying 80k of Barry's wages

How do we know what Everton are paying, in fact how do we know we never tried to get him? As for Kozak at the time we thought CB was going and Kozak was his replacement, may have been too late to pull out when CB changed his mind.

Hairyhands has said a few times that Lambert's signings were not his top targets. Guess he produced a list and Faulkner went for the cheapest options.

Unless you are Sky 4, you rarely get your top targets. 

And if they are fighting amongst themselves, then sometimes Sky 4 are disappointed.

Sorry to disappoint, but nothing to do with Faulkner's choices.

How do we know what Everton are paying, in fact how do we know we never tried to get him? As for Kozak at the time we thought CB was going and Kozak was his replacement, may have been too late to pull out when CB changed his mind.

We probably know as much about Everton's wage restrictions as we do the Villa's.

But we do know that Everton would be seriously pushing the boat out if they were above £40k per week on any player.

We don't know that we didn't try to get him, but then Lambert's insistence on not using experienced players, Dunne being an example, suggests that he didn't want to go down the GB road.

According to this they are paying all 120k of it. No matter how much it's way to much for us.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1542825/everton-swoop-romelu-lukaku-gareth-barry-james-mccarthy?cc=5739

Actually i seem to remember some fans moaning on talk shite that the money from the sale of the hair bear funded this loan and they thought it was monies wasted.

I think the manager will now try his best to finally get some experience into the team in January.......players who will not buckle under the pressure and make the younger players better. Badly needed.

Brilliant news.
Yep, if only he had such inspiration during the summer.

We would likely have Gareth Barry in our midfield and this thread wouldn't exist.

I agree. He would have been ideal. Knows the club inside out and would have been able to help along and inspire the younger/inexperienced lads and provide the leadership qualities and calming influence which we so badly lack. Big opportunity missed.

I could never for the life of me understand why some supporters were not keen on bringing him in.

It was from people who still believed young and hungry was the way forward.

Barry would have been great. Not just because of what he'd offer but a chance to get one of our best past players back in the shirt.

Shame the manager wasn't backed with his top targets in the summer.

Evidence BJ10?

The manager had a budget, and used it accordingly. What 'top targets' did he miss out on?

You don't seem to show evidence when you claim we weren't in for Barry amongst other things, so I cannot see how you can request it from others.

According to this they are paying all 120k of it. No matter how much it's way to much for us.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1542825/everton-swoop-romelu-lukaku-gareth-barry-james-mccarthy?cc=5739

Actually i seem to remember some fans moaning on talk shite that the money from the sale of the hair bear funded this loan and they thought it was monies wasted.

ESPN and TalkShite.

The final frontiers of accurate football reporting  :D

I have been hugely dissapointed in the last couple of matches, I been supporting Paul but it has really been underwhelming of what this team actually can do. It`s also funny how a lot of people here keep recommending players that are out of our reach both in how much they are worth and their wages. Get that through your thick skulls, it keeps popping up and it is very annoying. And Martinez was relegated himself and he had that side for several seasons so I don`t really see how that adds up. Everton doesn`t have a lot of money but they have way more stability in the side so it is no wonder. And all of the other teams that have been built up like Swansea has done it over several seasons, Lambert basically changed the whole side. There are factors to consider here as well. We have no money so we won`t attract any special managers, and believe it or not we don`t actually point out who will take over. Do note that it will be the same people that appointed Mcleish, and yes, Paul Lambert. 

With that said, I understand most of the criticism because I really want to look at it rationally and not give an honest opinion. I don`t know what will happen in the next games, the last ones have been the worst ones so far under his reign in my opinion. I also wonder if the drop in form on a lot of players are based on the manager, their experience or...whatever is causing it. We started this season great and not much have changed since then, some players are out but it`s very odd. My only hope is that Lambert gets some funds to get in some experienced players that can start in the side right away. I think if he could get 3-4 players like that then a lot of the opinions on here would be different. Money does matter when you play at this level, if you are gonna go the long route then you have to go...well the long route. That is not 18 months and I know a lot of you hate that excuse. That it has been shit for years is not Paul`s fault, he is to blame for what it is now but to me that is not really a surprise when you look at other teams. 

I do really hate that we have to go through this crap once again after last year, it creates more problems that necessarily isn`t there. And I am pretty sure the players want Lambert there as Gabby made sure they ran over to the bench. Even Helenius looked pumped when we scored. The next matches will be interesting, it is a crucial time and Lambert has to turn it around pretty soon before it gets ugly. Now with all that said, I just want what is best for this club. Using our January money on sacking Lambert might not be the best option, but we will see in may.

You could be right although I'd suggest if it was the case that those would be easily moved they'd probably return to the same level where they came from.

Bent being on a lot more than Benteke yet Benteke being the better player is exactly my point concerning wages v performance,

I don't know if really you don't understand or if you're being deliberately dense but obviously one example does not disprove a rule

Quote  "The logical conclusion is that the more you spend on wages, the more points you got in the Premier League"

http://www.squawka.com/news/2013/07/09/value-index-part-1/2013070912877

FWIW, the beautiful passing game of new Stoke under Mark Hughes has yielded

Shots 0

Shots on target 0

Corners 0

Total passes 138 / vs. 323 for Spurs

Possession 30%

Goals 0

in the game against Spurs today.  It's not just us.

Are Stoke turning into the new Aston Villa?