Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

Paul Lambert still has my support.  I accept that may be an increasingly unpopular opinion, but it is one I make for two reasons.

1)  When Lambert arrived at the club, we were in a complete mess - both on and off the pitch.  We had a squad full of wasters and a wage bill that simply couldn't be supported.  Confidence issues aside, we're now just a mess on the pitch,  I've no idea what was discussed between Lerner and Lambert when he joined, but to this end, I am sure Lambert has succeeded in his brief.  We've balanced the books and are still in the Premier League.

2)  Up until now, the squad players that Lambert bought as replacements for our deadwood, constitute the majority of our first team.  With injuries, this has been even more necessary.  We're expecting these inexperienced players to be capable of playing good football and expecting our manager to be able to make that happen.  It's like asking Gordon Ramsay to fill out his kitchen with Burger King cooks.  It's been said before that the quality of the team dictates the way you can play.  The other night, Baker hoofed a long ball to the opposing keepers arms and was rightly booed - but it wasn't Lambert who kicked it.  A number of these squad players are far from Premier League standard (whether they ever will be is yet to be determined), but what do you do as a manager right now?  We still have to field a team each week,  The only thing you can do is encourage them and I do see that on the touchline.  Yes we are playing really crap football and have been for what seems like an eternity, but we should understand that we will continue to do so until such time where the bulk of our first team are made up of quality players.  We can only attain that with investment (Lerner).

While I don't agree with some of the tactical plays Lambert makes (but hey, judging from my FM2014, I'm no tactician), I think he should have our support.  He looks dejected at times.  Some people have taken to personal insults and that is uncalled for.  Whether you think such insults are deserved or not, they should have no place in the public medium.

I say we should judge him as our manager after affording him to the time and money to build a proper first team.  We may then see good football again.     

Edited by VillaIRE
  • Like 2

Wonder if we could hijack the Dempsey move or is it done and dusted ?

he would have to make peace with the fans

Keep em coming drat :-D

Hoping HH is right, if this is the case and Lerner can find some backing, I will be a happy man. Come on Randy, prove me wrong!

I think the manager will now try his best to finally get some experience into the team in January.......players who will not buckle under the pressure and make the younger players better. Badly needed.

Are we signing Pires again? :D

Only joking. Cool news. Finally! What sort of experience will this be HH? Existing premiership players or players along the same lines as Vlaar and maybe KEA?

I think the manager will now try his best to finally get some experience into the team in January.......players who will not buckle under the pressure and make the younger players better. Badly needed.

Even if just try get someone like Tim Cahill on loan... thats the type of player we are crying out for!

Sorry but i cannot agree with some on here and bury my head in the sand

We have been awful and if it were any other chairman other than Lerner Lambert would have had the bullet by now and deservedly so

I do not agree with "there are no better options out there" we are playing some of the worst football i have seen since McLeish and there is not much difference

A new manager needs to come in with a completely new footballing philosophy.

Is it that hard to bring in one that can coach his players on the training ground to keep hold of the ball and make more than two passes without losing it.

We have regressed since last season play more long balls than any other team in the premierleague and set out not to lose which does not work

We kept a mere 27% possession yesterday at home.... How is that in any shape or form acceptable

I guess we should pretend that never happened and "go again" with the current manager

• Like 2

Bacunas quick Kev, he dropped him, Bennetts quick enough hes dropped.

Hes cut off his nose too often .You could argue Ireland, Sidwell, Dunne, Collins, Bent, would walk into our team atm, and Cuellar Warnock and Hutton would'nt make us much worse either.

PL has been here 18 months, hes bought how many players, if theres a problem, its a problem he has created.

Bacuna you may of notice wasnt dropped he played yesterday. Bennett's been injured all season and is still injured

Bent can't walk into Fulhams shite side nor can Cuellar get into Sunderland's shite side

Ireland had numerous chances and wasted them all, Sidwell went under Houillier??

Warnock and Hutton were utter utter crap. Warnock can't get into a Championship side and no-one in their right mind will take Hutton, even on loan

Dunne and Collins cost £100k+ a week in wages. Dunne was even more injury prone than Vlaar. Collins attitude was rightly questioned and I for one am delighted he has left my club

None of the players you mention have gone on to be successful elsewhere

Garbage

Yep, these rubbish players who were part if the rot are suddenly world beaters.

Brilliant!

You would have great difficulty to find anyone on site who have referred to those players as world beaters.

The point being made is that some of those players could have been used for a short period of time to take the pressure off the younger players while they developed which would have meant the Lambert revolution being more gradual and less of a shock to the club.

• Like 2

Even if just try get someone like Tim Cahill on loan... thats the type of player we are crying out for!
Agree, I'd even have Robbie Keane for 6 games. He has more creativity and goals in him than anyone here at present.

Sorry but i cannot agree with some on here and bury my head in the sand

We have been awful and if it were any other chairman other than Lerner Lambert would have had the bullet by now and deservedly so

I do not agree with "there are no better options out there" we are playing some of the worst football i have seen since McLeish and there is not much difference

A new manager needs to come in with a completely new footballing philosophy.

Is it that hard to bring in one that can coach his players on the training ground to keep hold of the ball and make more than two passes without losing it.

We have regressed since last season play more long balls than any other team in the premierleague and set out not to lose which does not work

We kept a mere 27% possession yesterday at home.... How is that in any shape or form acceptable

I guess we should pretend that never happened and "go again" with the current manager

We haven't been able to bring in the players who are capable of playing possession football. The current lot are all still young and inexperienced, and combined together you get Aston Villa at the moment. I'm sure Lambert knows this and the way we are set up is so that we can hopefully nick a goal on the counter. There will be teams where we can have more possession (palace) but as we know we lack the creativity and skill needed to penetrate these sorts of teams. That is why we are struggling at the moment.

The solution is for Lambert to be allowed to bring in the experienced/quality players that we are crying out for. We have a whole bunch of young talent that will hopefully get better with these additional players.

Just gotta wait and see what happens in Jan I guess!

• Like 1

Agree, I'd even have Robbie Keane for 6 games. He has more creativity and goals in him than anyone here at present.

Think he is out, having an operation in the us off season

Most of the players brought in so far really aren't all that young (more like inexperienced) and they certainly aren't all that talented (Benteke excluded).

The "hunger" seems to have disappeared along with their new contracts aswell.

On a positive note most of the "thirsty" players (Dunne, Collins, Bannan...) are gone. Althou the rumours about Weimann are troubling

Edited by sne

No one is burying their head in the sand and no body is happy with the performances or results. we do not know what the remit was for PL when he joined but the common consensus is it was to clear out the trouble makers and deadwood, reduce the wage structure, get in players with a sell on value in the future, build the club from scratch basically whilst remaining in the Premier League.. to all these things PL has succeeded. Unfortunately he could not have foreseen the injuries to key players and loss of form. An example being Okore too late to replace him so he went with what he had. Now it may have become necessary to advance the plans earlier than expected to keep on the correct path. How do we know what RL may or may not make available to PL in this window, we are judging him with no evidence apart from PL stating we had no money which he would be expected to do so we don't get fleeced in Jan,

Whilst we are not happy with our performances and results and are hurting I find it difficult to believe that the management are not also feeling this way and are doing everything to right this situation.

I think some people are confusing some of his players as young when really they just aren't good enough. I think he'd have been sacked by most teams in the league but i think he should get until the summer unless we carry on being as bad. If he keeps us up with zero sign of progress and the same horrible tactics and style then he should go.

Brilliant news.

Yep, if only he had such inspiration during the summer.

We would likely have Gareth Barry in our midfield and this thread wouldn't exist.

• Like 2

Brilliant news.

We would likely have Gareth Barry in our midfield and this thread wouldn't exist.

I agree. He would have been ideal. Knows the club inside out and would have been able to help along and inspire the younger/inexperienced lads and provide the leadership qualities and calming influence which we so badly lack. Of course he would also have instantly been our best player. Big opportunity missed.

I could never for the life of me understand why some supporters were not keen on bringing him in.

Edited by markavfc40

Brilliant news.

I agree. He would have been ideal. Knows the club inside out and would have been able to help along and inspire the younger/inexperienced lads and provide the leadership qualities and calming influence which we so badly lack. Big opportunity missed.

I could never for the life of me understand why some supporters were not keen on bringing him in.

It was from people who still believed young and hungry was the way forward.

Barry would have been great. Not just because of what he'd offer but a chance to get one of our best past players back in the shirt.

Shame the manager wasn't backed with his top targets in the summer.

Bacunas quick Kev, he dropped him, Bennetts quick enough hes dropped.

Hes cut off his nose too often .You could argue Ireland, Sidwell, Dunne, Collins, Bent, would walk into our team atm, and Cuellar Warnock and Hutton would'nt make us much worse either.

PL has been here 18 months, hes bought how many players, if theres a problem, its a problem he has created.

Bacuna you may of notice wasnt dropped he played yesterday. Bennett's been injured all season and is still injured

Bent can't walk into Fulhams shite side nor can Cuellar get into Sunderland's shite side

Ireland had numerous chances and wasted them all, Sidwell went under Houillier??

Warnock and Hutton were utter utter crap. Warnock can't get into a Championship side and no-one in their right mind will take Hutton, even on loan

Dunne and Collins cost £100k+ a week in wages. Dunne was even more injury prone than Vlaar. Collins attitude was rightly questioned and I for one am delighted he has left my club

None of the players you mention have gone on to be successful elsewhere

Garbage

Yep, these rubbish players who were part if the rot are suddenly world beaters.

Brilliant!

You would have great difficulty to find anyone on site who have referred to those players as world beaters.

The point being made is that some of those players could have been used for a short period of time to take the pressure off the younger players while they developed which would have meant the Lambert revolution being more gradual and less of a shock to the club.

These higher paid players almost got us relegated too.