The R word

villanwesty88

Anyone else worried we might still get relegated?

No chance. 

Simply incorrect. For there to be "no chance" , we would need to have amassed 39 points, whereas sadly we have amassed only 35, incidentally, also the number of matches we have played. 

A further fact that may be of interest is that Swansea have now reached 39 points and safety thanks to their victory over us yesterday.

Anyone else worried we might still get relegated?

No chance.

Simply incorrect. For there to be "no chance" , we would need to have amassed 39 points, whereas sadly we have amassed only 35, incidentally, also the number of matches we have played.

A further fact that may be of interest is that Swansea have now reached 39 points and safety thanks to their victory over us yesterday.

Sorry I forgot you have to clarify every comment on this site to avoid someone taking it literally.

Based on the remaining games of the teams below us I do not think there is much chance of us going down.

Trouble is, if you look at the 6 match form table, there are no clubs below us.

6matchform_zps3dbe9116.jpg

It seems a bit complacent to assume there is "no chance" (even if that means "not much chance") of us going down.

We are in the risk zone.

Looked at the  reverse results for the the upcoming games 

Norwich lost 3-1 to Chelsea and 4-1 to Arsenal 

Cardiff lost 2-1 to Newcastle and 3-1 to Chelsea 

Fulham fared better previously beating Stoke 1-0 and Palace 4-1 

Norwich and Cardiff looked dead to me ,looking at their recent form its very poor and both conceding too many goals,Fulham I think Stoke is the big one ,Stoke are in better form and 

reliable at home.

I think there is every chance all 4 of us will lose this weekend  and that by default will keep us up. 

It seems a bit complacent to assume there is "no chance" (even if that means "not much chance") of us going down.

We are in the risk zone.

Which suggests we probably won't manage another point. I just think we are very lucky that we managed to accumulate enough points earlier in the season and the teams below us have tough run-in's. I'm generally a worrier and have started relegation threads in the past. Right now I'm totally relaxed about the possibility of us going down.

What worries me about Fulham is that their two games are winnable. Neither Stoke or Palace have too much to play for.

Fulham, despite bottling it against Hull, have shown that they might have a bit of fight in them and they've won two of their last four games :(

Fulham showed against Hull they are bottlers. They've also only beaten Norwich and Villa of late who, arguably, are the worst sides in the league. Now they have to win at Stoke, which very few teams do, and beat a Palace side who're one of the form teams in the league.

We are in the risk zone.

Which suggests we probably won't manage another point. I just think we are very lucky that we managed to accumulate enough points earlier in the season and the teams below us have tough run-in's. I'm generally a worrier and have started relegation threads in the past. Right now I'm totally relaxed about the possibility of us going down.

If we stay up, we do it on merit, not because we're lucky though. I'd hardy call losing our main striker and his cover lucky.

We are in the risk zone.

If we stay up, we do it on merit, not because we're lucky though. I'd hardy call losing our main striker and his cover lucky.

Yes we are unlucky that we have lost our striker and cover. But we are lucky that the teams below us aren't in a position to capitalise on us currently being the worst team in the league based on form.

Before Yesterday Sunderland had only won three at home.  Sunderland have played alright in large patches of the season but haven't always had someone to put the ball in the net they had a good spell when Johnson had a purple patch and now they're benefiting from Whickham's good form. I still don't think they're out of trouble just yet, If United give them a good thrashing and Fulham win then they'll be all jittery again. Their match against Albion could be a big one.

The irony is, as mentioned, that a point against Hull might not be of any use. I think most of us see Norwich and Cardiff failing to get 4 or 6 points in the last two games. Stoke - Fulham is the decider. I know Stoke don't have much to play for, but that also mean that they won't be struck by nerves.

Two simple things

Chelsea are our key, Cardiff and Norwich play them. Fulham if they don't win their last 2 are down also.

If Chelsea win their remaining games I think we will be safe without a point.

We will get relegated next year anyway without spending about £50m on decent proven quality players. 1CB £7m 1CAM £15m LB £10m CM £15m