What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

i walked past at about 3pm and there were 6/7 people kicking around outside, didnt go in

i did walk down towards elephant and castle and saw a surprising number of Latino and i think either Colombian or Ecuadorian places

Well go on then.  Try them out and report back, please.

• 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, bickster said:

Sunday Lunch

Black Pudding and Pork Egg

.Dinkue Pork Pie

Lancashire Cheese and Red Onion Chutney Flan

53CC7539-4CDD-4A07-AF44-9664538C20F0.jpeg

coupled with a pint or two of foaming real ale would make that the perfect, guff-tastic lunch !

• Like 1

Great meal at Eusebi in Glasgow, just off the Great Western Road by the Kelvin River.

One of those places started by one of the many immigrant Italian familes that we will be better off without once we Take Back CONTROL, and go back to eating mince and tatties and turnips.

Given a justified 10/10 by the amazing Joanna Blythman.

4 of us had 5 starters, 4 mains, 2 puddings and 2 coffees for £110, soft drinks but we didn't buy alcohol (they have it, we just didn't order any).  They prove the pizza dough for 72 hours, and the rest of the food is of a similar standard.  Worth a try if you're in town.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Today’s menu consisted of

Breakfast - smoked salmon, scrambled eggs on a bagel

lunch - seafood cocktail

dinner - slow braised lamb shanks, roast and mashed potatoes, roasted carrots and bacon, walnut and maple syrup sprouts with extra pigs in blankets

dessert - homemade coconut and pineapple icecream

so glad to be out of the kitchen now!

Finally putting my feet up and letting the food subside with a nice gin and tonic! 

• Like 3

On 25/11/2018 at 21:18, peterms said:

Great meal at Eusebi in Glasgow, just off the Great Western Road by the Kelvin River.

One of those places started by one of the many immigrant Italian familes that we will be better off without once we Take Back CONTROL, and go back to eating mince and tatties and turnips.

Given a justified 10/10 by the amazing Joanna Blythman.

4 of us had 5 starters, 4 mains, 2 puddings and 2 coffees for £110, soft drinks but we didn't buy alcohol (they have it, we just didn't order any).  They prove the pizza dough for 72 hours, and the rest of the food is of a similar standard.  Worth a try if you're in town.

I’m up there in April . 

Today, so far: 

Bacon and eggs, toast 

Salty snacks all morning

Potted prawns

Turkey, roast spuds, roast parsnips and carrots, sprouts, pigs in blankets, stuffing, bread sauce, gravy

Christmas pudding, brandy butter, cream

Pseudo-Toblerone, liqueur chocolates

STOP PRESS: 

Cheese and biscuits

Mince pies 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, A'Villan said:

$7 large pizzas from the corner shop tonight. I was feeling the pineapple calling and opted for Hawaiian.

Fight me if you have a problem with pineapple pizzas.

Eat what you want mate :thumb:  

If anyone has a problem with what you eat, eat them, then poop them out, put the poop in a box and then post it to their parents (if they are alive, if not, just rest the box on their parents graves). 

Happy New Year 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I love pineapple on a pizza. Ham and Pineapple used to be one of my go to toppings.

Pizza is my weakness. A whole large dominos is no match for me.

Same.  Pizza, for some reason, takes ages to go through my system to feel "full", so I could speed eat 3 big dominoes pizzas easily I reckon.  It's just after half an hour my stomach would split and @A'Villan would send my poop to my parents in a box.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I love pineapple on a pizza. Ham and Pineapple used to be one of my go to toppings.

Pizza is my weakness. A whole large dominos is no match for me.

My Dad and I built a wood-fire oven in his backyard and the pizzas it produces are so good. I'd mail you some but that'd be less for me!

One of my best friends and his wife (both born and bred in England) tell me ham is not such a big thing on English pizzas. Apparently we pile it on over here.

2 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

My Dad and I built a wood-fire oven in his backyard and the pizzas it produces are so good. I'd mail you some but that'd be less for me!

One of my best friends and his wife (both born and bred in England) tell me ham is not such a big thing on English pizzas. Apparently we pile it on over here.

I have a suggestion of something you could post, which would also be plentiful, depending on if you ate.. 

10 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Yeah I wouldn't say ham is that popular on a pizza over here, but it's definitely a common topping. Nobody would look at you funny for ordering it.

Â