What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

21 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

went to the one in Richmond the other month ..I thought it was way over priced for what they served up , probably why people aren't going to their restaurants ..

Save yourself a whole wodge of cash by going here instead next time. Just around the corner - the food is almost as good, the bill is a third of Gaucho. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/07/2018 at 14:57, villa4europe said:

post a review!

i've got lunch in Brum on the 31st, thinking maybe the canal house to try the hanging kebabs but could be easily swayed by the ivy (or purnells bistro but im not sure what their mid week lunches are like, sunday lunch is awesome in there)

Bit late but went to the Ivy last Saturday. Very impressed with it! Food was bang on and service was great. I had the goats cheese salad for starters and milanese chicken for main. A mate had the yellowfin tuna which he said was superb!

Cocktails were very good - we did overdo it on the espresso martinis a tad. 

Bill was about £400 for the 3 of us but we did drink a lot! Lunch did last about 5 hours due to the cocktails that kept on flowing. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Xela said:

1 mixer between the 4 of you? Lightweights! :P

2 of the group were girls "watching their weight" and it was the biggest mixed grill they did; pics don't do it justice. Pure meat fest ?

7 hours ago, mottaloo said:

2 of the group were girls "watching their weight" and it was the biggest mixed grill they did; pics don't do it justice. Pure meat fest ?

I went to the Keg & Grill last week - 4 of us had 2 large mixers, 1 curry, 2 nans and 2 masala chips! 

Food babies all round afterwards! 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Derryvillan said:

Whats the green stuff on the chips?

They're called masala chips and I guess it's a sprinkling of spices and possibly a bit of coriander.....well worth trying....gives them bit of a kick.

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

I went to the Keg & Grill last week - 4 of us had 2 large mixers, 1 curry, 2 nans and 2 masala chips! 

Food babies all round afterwards! 

You never fail to impress me, dude !

Thank+you+good+sir+_e313e1b06417fa496a71746c84dda5e6.jpg

I'm entertaining (well, feeding) some Lithuanians at the moment.

They don't do spices,  it seems.  I've done some very plain stuff like lasagne that goes down well, but it seems very  conservative in food faste (and religion and politics, apparently).

7 hours ago, peterms said:

I'm entertaining (well, feeding) some Lithuanians at the moment.

They don't do spices,  it seems.  I've done some very plain stuff like lasagne that goes down well, but it seems very  conservative in food faste (and religion and politics, apparently).

Off topic but Lithuanian politics is a mess. They never get anything done because the president constantly changes with new ideas. Their big problem is population decline; young people are leaving or young men are killing themselves 

It's all a bit depressing really

3 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Went to a cafe/restaurant last night for my little Brother's 24th.

Located on the famous restaurant strip, Lygon St.

Absolutely delicious. I had the calamari.

Where in Oz you located mate ? I have family in Perth and love the place !

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Off topic but Lithuanian politics is a mess. They never get anything done because the president constantly changes with new ideas. Their big problem is population decline; young people are leaving or young men are killing themselves 

It's all a bit depressing really

...Sounds delicious... ?

• Haha 4

Haven’t had it for a few years as I moved away from Oldbury but the Railway Inn mixed grill takeaway was always hard to beat for me. Sublime.

Trying to find something like that near to Kings Heath but failing. Unless you want trendy hipster crap on York Road then KH is a bit of an abyss for non pretentious food. 

Â