Football winter break, will it ever happen?

Jimzk5

With the WC 2022 surely being moved to a Winter slot - I expect we'll see a winter break imposed.

Personally don't want one - love the amount of games over the Xmas period (unless the team is out of form and riddled with injuries and suspensions - wait, I hate this period - we need a Winter break!!!!!!)

I'd love a winter break.

Because Villa are usually shit at Christmas. Them not playing would improve my mood immeasurably. And I could stay in and drink more booze and play with the missus instead of freezing my balls off watching Villa lose two games and coming home wanting to destroy stuff.

With our largely unpredictable weather, sod's law would dictate that whenever a winter break was scheduled it would coincide with an Indian summer and when the inevitable happened it would throw foobtall fixtures into disarray.

But Paul why not in January which is depressing enough without losing to Bradford in a cup semi over two bleeding legs!

I'm tempted to say start the prem a week earlier so you could extend the season by a week in an emergency. What date did it start this season, 17th August? It wouldn't hurt to start on the 10th, most teams are ready to go at that point particularly if it's a summer without an international tournament.

It such a boring debate that comes around every year. It's the same for all teams, nobody gets an advantage apart from maybe the rich teams with big squads. As for it helping England? Nonsense. That's just something people who are in favour of the winter break trot out to drum up support. Lots of other sports play over Xmas and it's a very small scarfice that sportspeople have to make every year. If it was up to managers they'd all play one game a week. They are just looking out for themselves, as always.

Â