Music Groups/Artists You Used To Like, But Don't Anymore

maqroll

I used to be a huge Iron Maiden fan back in my teens, and I still respect them, but just can't listen to them anymore. The lead guitar harmonies, the operatic vocals...its was great when I was trying to grow a mustache, but now it's kind of hard on the ears...

• Like 1

There are quite a few acts that I don't listen to as much as I used to, but I don't think there are any that I actually dislike now. 

At worst, they still have a nostalgia value. 

Nearest thing would probably be some of the punk bands - but that was probably because I was trying to like them, as I felt I ought to. Deep down, it was never really there. 

The Beatles, Radiohead, Pink Floyd, Animal Collective and Boards of Canada are some that come to mind, it's not so much that I don't like them anymore, it's more that I don't really feel the need to own the songs as I've kind of played them out and feel they're ubiquitous, and also get more out of hearing them when I hear them unexpectedly than I would do if I played them straight from my own bat.

Edited by useless

I used to be a huge Iron Maiden fan back in my teens, and I still respect them, but just can't listen to them anymore. The lead guitar harmonies, the operatic vocals...its was great when I was trying to grow a mustache, but now it's kind of hard on the ears...

Yes, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath etc. etc. I listened to a lot as a teen, but it's all too loud for me now :(

tumblr_m6pkq4Htl01qco819.gif

I used to like the band Big Country. Haven't heard one of there songs for many years now.

Big fanbase in Surrey, so I believe. :D

wasn't their big comeback tour Surrey, Hungary, Surrey

with a secret warm up gig just west of Kent

• Like 1

I used to like the band Big Country. Haven't heard one of there songs for many years now.

Never could understand why they were popular actually. Can't say any group i used to like but dislike now but there's a number i won't listen to anymore. For instance Pink Floyd.

Indie music broadly, liked pretty much non mainstream indie since about 1986, but always liked punk and country music. Then about 2006 stopped listening to indie/alternative rock music completely. Found it all a bit too serious and po-faced. Turn on the radio and hear utter shit like The vaccines and the arctic monkeys and I am glad listening to the music I listen to.

I really liked the first Killers album - it was decent..... have hated and despised everything else about them - just poppy chart pleasing bullshit.

Kinda feel the same about Kings Of Leon - again decent first couple of albums and then a one-way ticket to mediocrity and sell out mass-pleasing music.

Another would be The Manic Street Preachers - I'm sure if you (went back in time and) played them the drivel they've been serving up for the last few years to them when they first started out, they would have disbanded straight away!- it's completely anti-music to what they wanted to achieve at the time.

• Like 2

That may be the case but you've just given me a tenuous link (Well not that tenuous I suppose) to post one of my favourite songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eevGEfQd0fM

Edited by 8pints
  • Like 3

Is this bands that have gone shit, or bands/albums you used to like but now don't?

#clarity

I couldn't listen to nirvana now, quite liked them way back when. Still respect them and wouldn't turn the radio dial if they came on. Unless it was smells like teen spirit or heart shaped box.

Â