You are Paul Lambert...

Dodgyknees

I hate it when people try and hound out another ITK from the site. Whether or not you agree with what he says HH gives out a lot of good info and it would be a shame if he left.

apologies for the abruptness but what a load of tosh . If hh is anything to do with the club then he must expect severe questioning based on what we care about ie avfc . Attitudes like you are suggesting are more of an issue IMO

There's nothing wrong with questioning but he gets a lot of unfair abuse too.

HairyHands = Krulak MkII....... a club sponsored mouthpiece to keep the rabble quiet whilst the owner and Faulkner fiddle their way around unscathed

Spot on Denis.  If the club put as much effort into running things properly as they do in getting stooges onto internet boards, we'd be a lot better off. 

I hate it when people try and hound out another ITK from the site. Whether or not you agree with what he says HH gives out a lot of good info and it would be a shame if he left.

apologies for the abruptness but what a load of tosh . If hh is anything to do with the club then he must expect severe questioning based on what we care about ie avfc . Attitudes like you are suggesting are more of an issue IMO

He doesn't get any more or less abuse than anybody else (and certainly less than the posters that you disagree with such as Morpheus), so basically your "hounding out" consists of "disagreeing with him".

• Like 2

He doesn't get any more or less abuse than anybody else (and certainly less than the posters that you disagree with such as Morpheus), so basically your "hounding out" consists of "disagreeing with him".

Not at all. Read some of the posts directed towards him. It's far more than just disagreement.

Not at all. Read some of the posts directed towards him. It's far more than just disagreement.

Who, Morpheus?  Yes, you're right, that's what I was getting at.

Who, Morpheus?  Yes, you're right, that's what I was getting at.

No, HH, and I think you knew that as well.

HH looks like he's in the inner sanctum of Bodymoor heath more than Villa Park given how spot on the team info and injury news generally are. I enjoy that and welcome his little titbits of news.

Of course when results decline people start digging and want to know who he is and then seen him as some sort of link to the board/manager and start criticising etc.

Drat, is this season any really worse than 04/05 or 05/06 when O'Leary, a manager you were very fond of was in charge (I've been on this board 10 years and he remains the only manager you never criticised for some reason).

We are having a boring, mid table season. It will stay like that as there are many more worse teams than us, shock horror they are below us. The football must improve second half of the season though, that is a justifiable criticism of Lambert and one I won't even bother making a counter argument, it needs to improve as we have been terrible to watch for months now and I don't think that's good enough 18 months into his reign.

• Like 2

I'm in Team HH. Let's see where we are come the end of January. I know we have some serious problems to address, but given the remit of his job, I don't think Lambert is dramatically underpeforming.

Lambert has to sign cheap players on low wages. If you want an explanation as to why we are where we are, then surely the blame can't lie with him?

• Like 1

HH clearly has some connection to Lambert and not just villa so he's not going to criticise the manager if that's the case. He's also made it clear the limitations Lambert is under so he's not a mouth piece for the club.

I think if you're a clear ITK then you're obviously going to be asked questions and I'm sure HH can take what ever is thrown at him on this site.

I like having someone with clear inside info on here.

• Like 3

HH looks like he's in the inner sanctum of Bodymoor heath more than Villa Park given how spot on the team info and injury news generally are. I enjoy that and welcome his little titbits of news.

Of course when results decline people start digging and want to know who he is and then seen him as some sort of link to the board/manager and start criticising etc.

Drat, is this season any really worse than 04/05 or 05/06 when O'Leary, a manager you were very fond of was in charge (I've been on this board 10 years and he remains the only manager you never criticised for some reason).

We are having a boring, mid table season. It will stay like that as there are many more worse teams than us, shock horror they are below us. The football must improve second half of the season though, that is a justifiable criticism of Lambert and one I won't even bother making a counter argument, it needs to improve as we have been terrible to watch for months now and I don't think that's good enough 18 months into his reign.

Yes, it's much worse than 04/05, which started off quite brightly as I recall.  And footballing wise, it's the worst I can remember.

HH is being asked questions he shouldn't be asked though, its unfair on him that were asking him about what the future holds with direction of the club and budgets etc when its the chairman that should be talking to us and giving us proper answers instead of the annual letter sent to season ticket holders with the type of propaganda the north Korean government would be proud of

Cas a very good read. Don't agree with a lot but thats life. However if the Chairman appoints a manager and then fails to provide him with he players he needs then he needs holding to account - perhaps thats why he finds it 'safer' in good old US of A

Cas a very good read. Don't agree with a lot but thats life. However if the Chairman appoints a manager and then fails to provide him with he players he needs then he needs holding to account - perhaps thats why he finds it 'safer' in good old US of A

Yep, hiding away as he knows we won't do a thing, he also knows we will turn on him if he is at the ground. 

I think we need some transparency regarding what the short and long term plans are. If costs are being cut as a short term measure and that means making do with low cost players until certain financial targets are met then fair enough, but there should be a contingency in place to allow for spending in January based on recent results, injuries and the risk of entering a relegation battle.

But what about next summer? Will the budget be opened up to the extent that bigger transfer fees and wages are made available as long as the books remain balanced?

If the long term plan is to continue with £3M players on £20K a week then the plan is also to become a Championship club.

Edited by Sunny*Nunny

Funny to see the lists of excuses even blaming the fitness guys now but not even admitting that it's possible Lambert made mistakes.

What a colossal waste of money Tonev, Bennett, Helenius, have been. Even Vlaar was a signing that shouldn't have happened - if you are going to only have one experienced central defender, make sure that it isn't an injury prone one. Next time lambert decides to do sign one of these unknown, crap foreign players perhaps he could just pay off my mortgage instead. It'd be cheaper for he club.

We are worse than last year, and play worse, boring football struggling to score goals. An attacking midfield player is going to do nothing for that, nothing. All it will do is increase the bloated, top heavy nature of the squad and be another player to try and flog when Lambert leaves at the end of the season.

Only Palace are worse than us, and they will spend in January and have a togetherness, and fight that we haven't got. It's spineless.

To stories I hear about Lambert may be true or not. But from what I've heard, and the arrogance shown towards players which reach MON proportions, are not a particularly great way of raising a positive attitude for the team, unless it's to dislike the arrogant bloke in charge.

Pilchard I'm making no excuses whatsoever. The fitness thing has nothing to do with where the team are right now it was in reference to how he changed that and might want to change the medical staff a bit in light out how one or two injuries have been handled.

Didn't I say not all signings have worked but the ones you mention haven't cost the earth have they? I think he batting average when given decent money is decent as benteke, kozak and vlaar prove. You use the word colossal which for me doesn't fit when the guys you mention are on peanuts in terms of premier league wages and didn't cost a great deal.

You then go on to say an attacking midfielder will do nothing to improve the goal scoring and style of football? Are you for real? It is the one thing, although I agree there are a few, the team needs. Someone to get on the ball in the final third and make things happen. A focal point of the attacking play.

Now I really need to take issue with your final point. That is just lies. The manager gets on with the players, if anything he maybe protects them too much. Ask Guzan or gabby, two of the players he meets regularly for discussions on how the group are doing in general. That's one thing there isn't a problem with.

If results don't improve then he won't need to worry about the fitness and medical staff because he won't be at the club. I'd like to think he's concentrating on getting the team to be able to score goals and then defend their goal.

As I've said elsewhere, I don't think Vlaar was a good signing. Sure, he's a good player when fit (well, good in terms of Villa defenders) - but when he's the only senior defender at the club, and is injured a lot of the time - with a history of injuries - signing him was a mistake. We needed someone who we can depend on as having Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum in defence, or even the defensive midfielder Herd there - clearly isn't good enough as we saw throughout last season, and throughout this season.

I believe it's colossal as the failures of these signings have directly meant that the teams performance, style of play and all round ability has decreased. That's his fault. Nobody elses. And he needs to accept that and sort it, not come out with bullshit like he did yesterday about not deserving to lose. Does he think we are idiots? We can see the games, the struggle to create anything near a goalscoring opportunity and the ridiculous defensive slip ups.

An attacking midfielder is pointless, as we could have Lionel Messi in there but we'd still be throwing in goals at the other end on a regular basis with Baker passing it to the opposition, giving away fouls, scoring stupid own goals or Clark being caught out of position again, being out muscled or generally caught out as the League One standard defender he is. We spend half the time pumping the ball up in the area for whoever is up front to head into space. I'm not sure an attacking midfielder would relish that. Our midfield tends to have three in the middle with no width. Taking a player out of there and pushing them up, leaving just two of them in the middle would mean that they get even more overrun if that is indeed possible.

We play too narrow. Far too narrow.

As I said - the stories may or not be true. But what I was told is that there are areas of Bodymoor that are very much "Lambert Only" areas. Players aren't allowed in the corridor where his office is, for example. I was surprised when told this, and questioned it too. But it was from somebody who has, shall I say, a hotline to the top. Perhaps it's a mis-understanding, but that's what was said. 

Edited by Pilchard

Â