You are Paul Lambert...

Dodgyknees

Thanks HH, I'm glad you understand fans frustrations, you're kinda like a link between PL and us lot now.

I'm not personally calling for Lambert's head, I think it would be silly to do so just yet, but it is vital that we pick up a decent amount of points from the next 3 games.

Our home form is dire, although as you say we are in need of a link between the midfield and attack. I'm glad that Lambert has addressed this with PF or RL, hopefully something comes from it.

I can't believe Vlaar and Benteke will both be out of the next 2 games, in fact I question why this is - I guess your point regarding the medical team is the answer, obviously we don't know the ins and outs of the in-house team but I'd certainly say a poor medical team is something that needs fixing ASAP. Shocking to be honest.

With Lerners cost cutting, I wouldn't be surprised if injured players are sent to the local A&E or Boots chemist

Rumour has it Vlaar is still at the local NHS walk-in centre.

SNIP

As I said, only my opinion. I don't have an issue with anyone who feels differently. Not looking for conflict! Cheers

Posted on match thread but thought maybe better on here.

Interesting post, and the parts about the rest of the club etc are all very believable.  I can imagine PL has a hell of a job on his hands.

I think the trouble some of us are having is that the style of play isn't good, and isn't being effective.  At the moment that's all we've got to hope for.

The owner won't spend the money, doesn't go to matches, seems to have lost interest.  We can't know what PL would do with cash as he's not really had the chance, but right now it's not pretty viewing.  We need hope.  If we stick with it and scrape by, but the summer will see us make the team better rather than just making the squad bigger, people would have more chance.

As far as we know this, right now, is it...

• Like 1

There are so many different departments of the club a shambles.....the medical team and other parts of the club which the manager would eventually like to fix but it takes time and he's got enough problems with just first team at the moment.

If this wasn't so pathetic it would be hilarious. You are obviously connected to PL in some way and seem to be suggesting that the club is in a mess from top to bottom but no mention of the coaching staff who IMO are clueless.

I can't be arsed to go through all your other points, but it strikes me that PL and his team have lost the plot and are looking to blame everyone and everything else but themselves.

• Like 1

Hold on let's not get carried away I just mentioned it's not great. Same way as fitness guys were changed in summer. Same way as Scott Marshall was brought in to help. As for owner, I do think they get on well. Just he doesn't give money to spend on new players.

So why it's Lambert happy with this? I don't see how this helps his career as a manager one bit.

Midfield wise the manager wanted a physical midfielder and a creative one but he had to bolster the squad so the guys he signed were all cheaper options. He especially wants an attacking midfielder who can create. He has told the owner that and I believe that player can help make the football better to watch.

so why did he sign 2 more strikers when we already had benteke, gabby, weimann, bent, bowery and delfouneso. why did he sign tonev when we had albrighton and youngsters like grealish waiting in the wings?

i get the need to bolster the squad, but hes bolstered in positions that were already well covered, and left central midfield neglected which is one of the most important areas on the pitch.

Hairyhands - if Lambert is saying he wants this and that midfielder and Lerner is saying no, I can't see how they have a good relationship? What manager is going to be pleased with the fact that they cannot add what they think they need to the squad? It's clear for all to see that what we have are struggling, so why the lack of support from Lerner?

I dont blame Lambert, I am still hopeful that one day he will turn us into the Dortmund of last year... But god knows how with Lerner still on the scene (or not on the scene, whichever way you look at it). Lerner needs to give cash, or sell up!!

Its great to paint a pretty picture and we have been doing that for years, if you go back some of the things that are being said have been said years ago under different owners and managers.

Listen feel my comments are being jumped on here. Lambert changed fitness guy. The medical team hasn't been great with one or two things which deprives manager of players. I do think he will get a creative midfielder maybe not the one he and most of us would all prefer.

"The one" being Kiyotake? Or just in general not somebody any of us would want? Hmm

Listen feel my comments are being jumped on here. Lambert changed fitness guy. The medical team hasn't been great with one or two things which deprives manager of players. I do think he will get a creative midfielder maybe not the one he and most of us would all prefer.

So does that mean we are getting another striker? Oooo I've got it... Stephen Ireland is coming back???

Edited by Tayls

We are 1 point better off than last season.

I guess that clear improvement gets less and less as the season goes on.

Until 2 weeks ago there was improvement from last season, the last 3 results drags us back in it. We just need to avoid a dire run like this time last year and we should come midtable. I seriously doubt anything better than about 11th though given our funds, and our squad. 13th or better will be acceptable in my books, less and it will be another relegation worry for the 4 year on the spin.

Ha nah believe me john it will improve. See where it lies come end of jan.

While Lambert works for an owner whose aim is to cut costs I don't see how it can improve much.

It'd like to see what this manager could do with proper backing.

Edited by Big_John_10

18 million for Darren Bent or 8 mill for NRC or 8 mill for stephen Ireland or 10 mill for Curtis  Davies or 10 mill for the Zog ....the bloody list is endless.

Its a wonder he ( Randy) isn't hiding under a bush in North Borneo. Doug would be hanging from a bridge right now if he had of signed off the rubbish we have in recent times, for the money we have paid.

The shite we have bought or the failure to do anything with over successive seasons could feature as a classic football version of Panorama.

You can blame who you like but our transfer business has been nothing short of a scandal.

blimey, watching MOTD we have even spread the virus to Fulham and West Ham watching Collins and Hughes.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â